25.| Princess?

The pistol had gotten flung out of his hands when Alex kicked the back of his knees, yet what surprised Alex was how his irises continued to change from an unhealthy forest green to a bright and vivid emerald green.

"Prin...Princess.", he said between his gritted teeth as blood began to slowly flow through his teeth.

"Nat! This way!", the same boy with brown hair and green eyes whispered loudly before jumping up the stairs with her quick to follow the eager ten-year-old.

They both giggle as they race each other upstairs through the dimly lighted halls. They slow down when the door was within sight but she comes to a halt with only the boy walking forward and opening the door for her.

"Girls before Gentlemen.", he says with a grin and bow before she pushes him out the door in front of her causing them both to erupt in giggles.

The door slams shut after them, exposing a night sky covered in stars giving the two kids all the light needed. The girl walks to the edge quickly followed by the grinning lad, as she stares bewildered by the scenery. He reaches out for her tiny hand which she quickly jerks away in a startled jump.

"It's just me and you tonight. Nothing to worry about, so...", he says with a wide smile as he holds out his hand.

She smiles at him and loosens up before placing her tiny hand in his which was quickly intertwined between his rough long fingers. He sits down on the edge of the building with her quick to mimic his actions. They remained there in silence before she scooted closer to him and slowly but carefully placed her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Teddy.", she whispers.

"Anytime Nat. Anytime.", he responds with a wide smile.

"What the heck Nat?!", the boy groans as he bends over from the punch the giggling brunette had given him.

"What's wrong? Too ashamed to admit that a girl's better than you?", she asks before laughing hysterically.

The sixteen-year-old teenage boy slowly stands upright, now towering over the wide-eyed brunette. She looks up at him and gulps. He quickly slides his right foot back before letting it fly forward, aiming towards the girls long legs. She clumsily tumbles to the ground before landing on her back with a loud painful gasp.

"You Jerk.", she groans just as he gets on his knees and hovers above her with a grin.

"Give up?", he asks with a grin as his eyes sparkle with mischief.

She looks at him seriously through her darkening blue eyes.

"Nev-", she begins before erupting in giggles, "S-s-stop-"

He stops tickling her stomach and glares at her.

"Give up now?", he asks again.

"No you idio-", she begins before once again erupting in giggles and telling him to stop.

Yet this time when he stopped he didn't ask her to give up, they just ended up looking into each other's eyes before his lips crashed onto hers.

"Somethings changing Nat. I've got a feeling that something bad's gonna happen I just don't know what yet.", he says with a serious face as they walked down the hall hand in hand.

"What makes you think that?", she asks looking up at his tensed face.

"Dad-DeVito hasn't been acting like himself recently. He's been acting very secretive around me lately.", he responds still not looking down at his girlfriend.