35.| Feelings

"You've known Keith longer than I have. Tie yourself up to him!", Alex states pissed as she jumped over the wooden crates in hope of catching Bailey who turned out to be the proud owner of the parachute which was strapped to her back.

"Backdoor is opening...Alex, Bailey sit down. Both of you look like a pair of two-year-olds fighting over a Barbie doll.", Keith asserts annoyed as he tried to concentrate on controlling the plane.

"Well, you and he are all love-dobey. He's just my childhood friend, that would just be awkward.", Bailey shoots back.

"And how would you think I would feel to a complete stranger I just met a few days ago?!", Alex complains as she successfully corners Bailey in front of the wide open back door, exposing them to some clouds and the barren ocean.

"Alex...look at your surroundings! I'm right in front of the door, don't make any rash decisions you'll regret later.", Bailey logically explains.

"You have a parachute, Bailey. What are you so afraid of?"

That was about the last thing Bailey heard from Alex before she was tackled to the ground. Bailey was the lucky one though...she had been able to escape Alex's grip and quickly scrambled away from the open door...but not Alex. Just as she stood, she realized Alex missing.

"Where's Alex?", Keith asks Bailey.

She didn't turn around or look over her shoulder but instead pointed down. Keith aims the plane towards the ocean, locks it in that position, skips over the crates, grabs the back of Bailey's parachute and yanks her after him as they jump out of the airplane. He releases his grip on Bailey's parachute just as he spots Alex falling through the skies ahead of them.

Keith begins to dive; increasing his speed, until he reached Alex and was able to grab her reaching hand. He hauls her into his chest as she quickly, tightly wraps her arms around his neck, her legs around his torso and buries her face in the crock of his neck. Keith was expecting a panicked expression or at least a panicked reaction but instead, all Alex would do was laugh. Acting as if she had just fallen into an atmosphere intoxicated with laughing gas.

Instead of complaining about how worried he was about her, he let the smile tugging at his lips spread across his face as he pulls on a string causing the parachute to deploy. Alex couldn't tell if she was laughing at the fact that the fall felt awesome or the fact that she always felt safe in the time of danger thanks to Keith, the Knight in Simple Clothes.

Just as they slide into an empty field of grass both went into complete silence. Alex quickly retreated from Keith's grip, stood and held a helping hand out to him; that, which he gladly took. Just as Alex spins on her heels and begins walking off when Keith calls her name, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Next time, if you plan on dying. Don't ever let it be falling out the airplane."

Alex grins and looks over her shoulder.

"I don't intend on getting killed by falling. All I know is that my death will be a whole lot more gruesome than just falling."

"Hey watch that mouth of yours. Words can become actions if you don't watch out."

With a grin and shake of the head, Alex had just turned around when someone yells for her and Keith to freeze and put their hands above their heads. Alex looks up and was about to reach for her pistol when Keith quickly warns of the danger that could occur.