Chapter 3

ANIKA

"Anika. Anika. Hey, Anika!" my mind went back to reality when somebody snapped their fingers in front of me.

"Sorry, you were saying?" I asked them.

"See? She ain't here. Her mind's wandering elsewhere." Carlie said while laughing.

"So, where have you been, Niks?" I apologetically smiled at them.

"Sorry. I was just sleepy, and I was thinking about my bed." I lied. I couldn't tell them about what just happened between Monique and I a while ago. Not now. I wasn't even sure if what was that all about.

"Oh my God Niks, will you stop being a kill joy? We're here at a freaking party and you're thinking about your bed and sleeping?" it was Carlie.

"Hey, you're the one who dragged me here. I wasn't even thinking of attending this party. I wanted to go home early but you guys are against it. So, it isn't my fault that I'm missing my bed around this time." told them in my defense.

"But you are already here, so please, try to relax and enjoy. You're with the coolest people in the world!" Stacey added.

Just to pissed her off, I looked at her like I was asking if whom is she talking about.

She rolled her eyes and smack the back of my head. Ouch.

"US, DUH!" she sarcastically told me.

"Was the smack really necessary? You should've told me that you were talking about yourselves, duh!" I said while chuckling. Oh, I really love these people. And yep, Stace was right, they are the coolest and the best people in world. But I won't tell her that.

Stacey was about to answer back when Tyron approached us. Ugh, this guy again. I hope he ain't here to ask me out again. He's cute and all, but I'm not really interested in him. Am I even interested with someone?

My eyes wandered and I found myself looking at Monique again. Good thing that she's not looking at my direction.

I shook my head and tried to divert my attention to what Tyron is talking about.

"We're all in!" I heard Jonas commented and I saw Tyron eyes sparkled while looking at me. Uh, what the hell are they talking about?

"Sorry, in for what?" I asked.

"Yep, she's not here again. Niks, seriously, where were you?" Jonas asked while shaking his head.

I smiled at him apologetically.

"Sorry. I was just thinking about something. Nevermind, though. So, let me ask about that being 'in'. What's that for?" I asked again. Of course, I need to know before I agree on whatever it is.

"Hey." Tyron said.

"Hi." well, I'm just being polite. But I really don't want to have a little chat with him.

"I was just asking them if you guys would want to join to our little game. Well, Karen suggested that we play spin the bottle. Then your friends said that it's fine with them and they are all in, and when we asked you, you nod---"

"No. Sorry Tyron, but I won't be joining you guys."

And before he could answer, I was dragged by Stacey into some corner.

"Wait, let me just talk to her." she smiled at Tyron who's giving her a hopeful look.

"Just say yes and join us, please?" she whispered.

"Stace, I won't kiss random people just for fun. And ew, that'll be so unhygienic. You may catch sorts of diseases like mono or something. That's gross."