Chapter 33

MONIQUE

"So, what made you decide to break up with Justin a while ago?"  huh? I furrowed my brows and looked at the new girl. Who's Justin and why would I break up with someone I don't even know.

"Who's that?" Kitty was the one who asked the question. "Or are you talking about Mike? Is that a code or something? So if he's Justin, Monique is either Selena or Britney, correct?" she added and Charlie looked at my best friend with hearts all over her eyes.

"I really like your wit, Kitty. And yes, she's Britney." The new girl said.

"Britney?" I gave Anika a questioning look. Why the hell would they call me Britney?

"Oh, maybe because you made out with Anika plenty of times and then, leave her hanging a couple of times. You know, oops, you did it again." it was Kitty again and when we looked the others, they were looking at best friend as if asking why the hell did she know about the code names and the reason behind them.

She shrugged and smirked.

"See? I'm right, biatch. I'm always right." she looked at me and proudly smiled. And then she turned to Charlie. "If Monique is Britney and Mike is Justin, who am I?" she asked.

And with the same look a while ago, she smiled at my best friend.

"My wife. Please marry me. I promise to give you everything." she said and all of us chuckled when Kitty shook her head and tapped her shoulder.

"Sorry, but I'm totally straight and I already have a boyfriend who isn't as asshole as Monique's ex-boyfriend." she said and the new girl frowned. "But don't worry, if ever I'll get confused and decided to follow my best friend's footsteps, you're the first person on my list." Kitty teased and the new girl hugged held her hands.

"I'd like that. And for the record, I knew I loved you before I met you." she said with a wink.

Anika gagged and her friends gagged at what the new girl had said.

"Oh my God, Charlie, stop! Your flirting is too 90's and you even used a line of a song." Anika said and Charlie looked at her with a smirk.

"Oh, someone's jealous. I'm sorry, Anika, but I had to let you go because your girlfriend might kill me if she sees me flirting with you, and I love my life, so yeah. I'll just go with Kitty because she's safe." she said and I was surprised that I didn't get jealous when she said that, I even laughed because I think she's really funny.

"You wish!" my Anika countered and rolled her eyes and that made me smile while looking at her. Why is she this cute?

"Kids, kids, will you stop playing around? We need to get down to business. Did you forget the reason why we're here? I need to talk to Monique about something." I didn't know what happened, but they all got quiet when Jonas said that.

"Talk to me about what?" I turned to him and asked.

He sighed and gave me a serious look.

"Since you already broke up with Mike, how to you think will your parents react if you tell them about that?" he asked. Oh, of course, Anika tells them everything.

I don't want to answer his question since my parents were involved, but I know that he is just looking out for his friend. He might know how hard it is to be gay if there are people who won't support and understand you.

I shrugged.

"I don't know. But I am pretty sure that my mother will understand it. Yes, she likes Mike, but she will support me if she knows that I am not happy with him anymore." I answered.