Chapter 7: Fear

"Xiao Zhan, here... here." Xuan Lu waved her hand to catch Xiao Zhan's attention who is busy looking for her. Xiao Zhan sit down on in front of her with the book that Xuan Lu wanted to borrow from him. "So, how was your first day in Ms. Zhui Li's house? Is it really true that her house is big? And her children are both handsome?"

"Yeah, all of them are true." Xiao Zhan replied. "The house has so many unused rooms and there's only about six individuals living there. And yeah, her sons are handsome, cute to be honest since one is a high school and the other is elementary." He added. "Both have unique personalities despite having same blood" He smiled.

"Hmmm, it seems like something good happened to you. What's with that creepy smile?" Xuan Lu asked.

"Nothing, I thought the eldest son is too serious so I played a joke on him before he leaves to school. I didn't expect his expression, he really did blush." Xiao Zhan told her. "Even he hides it, I can see the tip of his ears and its totally red, how innocent."

"Hey, what did you to do to a child?" Xuan Lu asked.

"It's nothing serious, I just... tease him, something like we're fated pair since he's an Alpha." Xiao Zhan replied. "Of course, it's meant to be a joke. You know I don't believe on that stuff."

"Why don't you believe at once, probably you'll stop flirting or dating random guys." Xuan Lu replied.

"I am not flirting, it's an omega thing." Xiao Zhan replied. "Here is your book, I need to go to my class."

"Hey about later? Are you not going shopping with me?" Xuan Lu asked.

"Nope, I have a date later so I can't." Xiao Zhan replied with a smile on his face. Xuan Lu sit down and pouted. He and Xiao Zhan are childhood friends and they are taking same course but have different class. They both aimed to be a teacher once they graduate in university. She knows him well; he knew that he is a good guy and a nice friend. But his personality changes after breaking up with his long time boyfriend two years ago. He was his first boyfriend and he really thought that he is the fated pair for him but their relationship turned toxic. The Alpha just used him to relieve his sex drive and Xiao Zhan just became his accessories (since his handsome) publicly. Xiao Zhan insisted to stay with the relationship despite of all the advices Xuan Lu and Darren told him because he wanted their relationship to push through. Later on, Xiao Zhan found out his boyfriend cheating on him and he even make another female omega pregnant. It is the worst heartbreak that Xiao Zhan felt and since then he didn't want to enter a serious relationship because he didn't want to suffer same failure again. But since he's an omega, there are times that he need to release his heat and so he flirt and have fling moments with other Alphas but he's making sure that there's no string attach to it.

Xiao Zhan is afraid to fall in love again because he thinks that the second time it will happen, he knew he can't handle it again. Even he act strong on the outside, he has a fragile heart inside. He built an invisible shield to protect himself from harm but Xuan Lu knew that it is not a good thing for Xiao Zhan to do because he will not find true happiness with it. Even he is protecting himself, he is also closing the gate of finding someone that will really love him truly, honestly and purely. Being his childhood friend who cares for him, Xuan Lu always pray that the someone who will make Xiao Zhan feel love will come to his life and change his perspective but she's praying for two years already but her best friend only finds individuals who's not worth it. If there is someone she can think of, there is only one person who could possibly do it but Xiao Zhan close the door the moment it is about to start.

.....

"Yibo... Yibo... hey are you listening to me?" the president of Yibo's class glared at him when he comes back to his senses. "What the hell... I've been talking here but someone is not listening to me. You're wasting my effort."