Demon Race 6: Explain

"To form the contract, we must activate the contract seal that is exclusive just to our race. We are pretty special you see."

Everly nodded, "Tell me what to do."

"You don't need to do much. I'll be the one forming the contract." It started to circle around her hand, "Here's the contract seal!"

Everly looked at the back of her hand in surprise. A small purple symbol appeared on her hand, "When did this come here?!"

"Gugu! I made it last night!" The symbol started glowing and the little ball glowed as well. A bright light of many pastel colours spread through out the room like a pastel coloured rainbow and covered the walls and floors.

"Gu Master! The contract is formed-!"

He was interrupted when a loud cracking noise was heard. Black cracked began to form on the surface around Everly and spread throughout the room. The rainbows on the walls and floor were shattered and the bare surface underneath was revealed. The room went silent and the only thing heard was the little white ball's confused cries.

"What?! What happened?! Why did the contract fail?" It floated here and there in confusion and puzzlement. Mason was also frowning in confusion.

"The contract didn't work?" Everly asked uncertainly. The strange symbol had also disappeared from her hand.

The little ball didn't answer her but was lost in thought as it muttered and continued to frantically circle the room.

"That's not possible? How did it not work? Our species can form contract with anyone from this world. Every person. Every Race! Why was the contract rejected Gu?!"

Everly was similarly confused but its last few words caught her attention. It can form contract with anyone from this world?

So, did the contract fail because she isn't from this world?

Nearby, Mason had also heard its words and his gaze on Everly sharpened. It contained a sense of pondering.

Everly came to a conclusion. It must be because she wasn't from this world but should she tell the little ball about it? She had just opened her mouth when Mason spoke.

"It seems like the contract cannot be made."

"Isn't that weird Gu?"

"It is. Definitely weird" His gaze stopped on Everly, "Do you know why that might have happened?"

Everly felt that there was something wrong with his gaze. It was suspicious and meaningful. She shook her head, "No..."  She couldn't say it...

Everly was never a good liar. Although she can get away with it sometimes but under Mason's gaze, she was strangely nervous. Mason continued to look at her as a smile emerged on his face. The smile gave off a feeling that Mason had looked through her completely.

The little ball didn't notice the tension and sighed in mirth. "Such a pity...I can't form a contract with you master. So frustrating!" It rolled about the floor, showing how frustrated it was feeling. It suddenly stopped still. "But I can still stay with you right?" It rose as if struck with a great idea. "Master! I'm going to stay with you from now on. The contract doesn't matter!"

Just how big of a fan it is? The thought came around to everyone in the room.

"Really?" Everly was surprised.