Demon Race 8: Justice

"Chief! How could you let this man do whatever he wants? This is plain disrespect to my position as the Deputy Chief." The Deputy Chief stood protected by his men and yelled at them. "Such an evil and tyrant personality should be kicked out of this town!!!"

"Stop inciting him!" Jarin looked at Mason's face going dark and gulped. Only he knew how scary Mason could be when he gets angry.

"Leese, tell him his crimes." His voice was silky and charming and onlookers were immediately attracted. Especially the girls who swooned at Mason's appearance. Seeing them, Everly whistled softly. Guess, he's got some fan girls huh?

"Tch! Why are those girls staring at this guy with those expression. He's not even handsome." Aluci muttered, displeased. Everly began to wonder what Aluci's definition of handsome was.

Leese stood straight and spoke out loudly. "The Deputy Chief sent a group of thugs, who destroyed our Lord's house and tried to kidnap our Lord's people."

Everyone was surprised and looked at the Deputy Chief who was also dumbstruck but quickly regained his composure. When he saw Everly rushing up to Mason, he knew that the people he sent hadn't been successful.

"Where's your proof!"

"The troublemaker have been taken captive and are under custody." 

The Deputy Chief knew that things weren't in his favour. All he could do was to make sure that his reputation in front of the people isn't tainted. His crime wasn't big enough and he thought that he can take care of this in secret.

"That is baseless accusation. Let me question those people who dare slander my name."

His statement didn't get a response as Leese and Leome will only speak when their Lord tells them too.

"Deputy Chief, don't worry about it. I'll question them myself." Jarin spoke up. Hearing that, the expression on Deputy chief's face changed. If the town chief takes this matter at hand then with his good relationship with Mason, it will be him who will be at a disadvantage.

It is all because of that girl! He found a person to push blame onto. He glared at Everly with menacing eyes. She felt his glare and looked back calmly with an unfazed expression.

The Deputy Chief smirked and looked at Mason. "It seems like there has been a misunderstanding. My aim was never to go after you Lord Orion but that girl beside you is trouble. If you hand her over then this matter will remain here and not go the Soul Spirit Headquarters."

Jarin gasped and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Soul spirit headquarters?" Everly was confused and tried to remember where she had heard that term. Mason calmly explained to her.

"Soul spirit headquarters gives our ranks and it's the overseer of all the magical experts. It's the main headquarters that joins the Soul spirit users into one place. There's only one in this realm." He said the last sentence slowly so only Everly could hear it. Everly immediately understood the importance of this place.

"What will happen if he reports you?" She asked. Mason chuckled and replied in a carefree manner, "They will take away my rank." He said as if it wasn't a big matter at all but Everly was immediately angered. This was completely unfair to Mason! Seeing her being upset about it, Mason was amused.

"You think I care about a mere rank?"

Everly was stumped and looked incredulously at him but he returned her look with a calm gaze. Seeing him so unfazed, Everly vowed that she will not spare the Deputy and she will make him pay back.