Demon Race 7: Auction

Mason sighed in defeat. "Anyways, it doesn't matter where I'm from. Is there anything else you want to ask?"

Mason wasn't willing to answer their question and she wasn't going to press on it either. Everly shook her head, that's all for now. Soon, Leese and Leome brought the food that they had cooked and Everly ate in happiness. If Everly wasn't elegant enough, Aluci was eating in an even more disgraceful way. It looked like he hadn't gotten used to being a human, and lacked basic human etiquette.

To Everly the food tasted a little different from before. She thought that the last meal was more delicious but it wouldn't be polite to point it out. Seeing Everly enjoying her meal, Mason sighed in relief. He ate slowly and gracefully. After the breakfast, Mason decided that it was time to train.

"Okay, so now let's go outside and test your abilities." He was curious to know more about her ability as well. Everly nodded enthusiastically. She gulped down the last of her drink and stood up.

"Let's go."

Everly took a step but went still as a thought struck her and she yelled out. Everybody else looked at her questioningly.

"I forgot I had to go to work today!" As she had taken an early leave the day before, she needed to go down to take a few extra assignments today.

"Work?" Mason was confused for a moment but then remembered that she was a blacksmith. He saw her panicking look and sighed. It seemed like practice session will have to be postponed for later.

Everly bid goodbye to Mason and told him that she will come back to help him tidy up the house and pick out important stuff as Mason would definitely need to move out to live somewhere else. Then accompanied by Aluci who had turned back to his ball form, she went to the town.

"My Lord, what about the house?" Leese asked uncertainly. It was in a good position with good security but just recently, Mason had removed his fences and was planning to replace them with better ones but then this happened.

"Can't you just fix it?" Mason found it a waste of time to bother about something so little as finding a new house.

"But My Lord...many people seem to know about this address of yours now. Should we move?" Although, fixing the house was nothing for Leese and Leome but they realised that many people seemed to know where Mason lived. That can't be a good thing.

Mason went silent and thought about it then waved his hand, "Fine, look for someplace else. I'll go visit the town chief right now."

Listening to his tone of voice, Leese and Leome pitied Jarin Who was going to get an earful by Mason. After all, it was his Deputy that sent people to his house.

"And..." Mason stopped and said. "What about the fences that I have ordered?"

"They are almost done." Leese said seriously.

Mason nodded "Good, make sure they are taller and look more intimidating. We will use them in the new house."

—————-

Everly reached the workshop and greeted everyone there. Aluci had snuck into her jacket as a floating fur ball would be too attractive to carry around. The receptionist she had met in the beginning, who's name turned out to be Clerx, told her that Master Hans wanted to see her in his office. Everly was absent-minded on the way as she wondered why Master Hans would suddenly want to see her?

She knocked on the door and went in when Master Hans allowed her to. She saw him sitting behind a giant table filled with finished and unfinished weapons but looking at each one of them, it can be seen that they were of a high grade.