29

Whitney is bored beyond belief with the bed rest. She does her homework with the  boys as soon as she receives it. When Carmen comes over she takes a break and talks with her like a drowning man holds to a rope.

"Okay, I know you weren't in a car accident. What the hell really happened to you and John?" Carmen finally asks when her curiosity finally got the best of her.

"Are you sure you really want to know? It's not pretty and it's mafia business." Whitney wants to tell her more than anything, but she doesn't want to involve Carmen more than she already is if she isn't ready.

Carmen looks at her intently. Then she sighs, "I guess I should tell you my secret before you continue. It also involves the mafia."

Now it's Whitney's turn to look at Carmen hard. "I'm sorry, Carmen, but I think the boys will need to hear what you have to say. If it's mafia business they will need to know to protect themselves." Carmen nods miserably before Whitney takes the phone the boys bought her and calls John. When he didn't answer she called Michael.

When he didn't pick up, that makes Whitney upset. They just got rid of the biggest threat to their territory, they shouldn't be having problems so big that they can't pick up the damn phone.

"Hey, you know what? They can shove it up their asses. I can't tell you about what happened just yet, but I can tell you why I'm on this fucking bed rest." Whitney says more than a bit pissed at everything.

"It's really why I wanted you to come over in the first place."

This grabs Carmen's attention. "Is everything alright? You aren't going to die or anything are you?" Carmen is worried. Whitney is her only real friend. She is very aware that her boyfriend isn't really a boyfriend, she's more like a fuck buddy or even another mistress. She wishes to have more friends, but she's far to introverted to put herself out. She's tried and every time she's been burned. She's given up having friends until Whitney blew into her life and helped her.

She knows that Michael is out of her league and so, although she is enjoying the attention he's giving her she is more than a little aware that it isn't a long lasting relationship. She'll be thankful if he really does take her to the prom which is the following week.

"No, nothing like that, but there is a problem. I'm just not sure what I want to do about it or if it will even matter what I want in the end." Whitney finally says then lies back on the pillows and looks up at the ceiling.

"Are you ready to know more about my life before coming to live with the boys?" Whitney asks looking at Carmen. "Just know, anything I tell you about myself you must keep to yourself. Anything you tell others, no matter how seemingly innocent, could come back and hurt myself or the boys."

Carmen swallows at her words but slowly nods her head. She's been going crazy not knowing about her friend's life. "I was sold to the twins father when I was ten. I was trained in various things, one of which was to be a whore. If I cried I was punished. If I didn't do my lessons properly I was punished. The punishments were varied, the easiest and least painful was with holding meals. Their father didn't like a healthy looking body, he wanted the bones of the body to be, not plainly visible, but obvious. So we often went through the day on one meal, if we were lucky we got two. 

"Less pleasant punishments were beatings or sexual abuse. If you cried during either you were further punished. Whippings were also normal and used quite freely." Carmen has her hands over her mouth to hold back her horror at what Whitney was telling her.

"Not very pleasant is it? The boys have my absolute loyalty because they took me away from all that. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them and they know it.