43

"Carmen?" Whitney knocks on her door, "You are welcome to come live with me. I'll make sure that you are kept safe and have the medical care you need and the proper food and what not. If you want start packing."

"I can't leave Kiara here alone with them," Carmen says as Whitney turns to leave.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry Kiara, I totally forgot about you being here and having no where else to go. You are welcome to come as well. If you need bags to pack your stuff, just let me know. I'll be leaving a good portion of my things behind. I'm sure that John won't have trouble finding someone to give them too." That last bit was said with so much venom and pain that the other two females actually winced.

"Thank you, Whitney, I would love to live with you both." Kiara isn't sure if she is technically allowed to leave the mansion, but she doesn't think that any one will dare try to stop Whitney from bringing her along. She doesn't take over long to think about things, she just starts throwing her things into the bags that she brought. She is the first finished and waits for the others.

Carmen is crying as she places her things into the bags. She likely won't be coming back here. Perhaps Michael didn't treat her the way she should be treated, but he did treat her better than any one else has ever treated her. She's more than a little scared at leaving the security of the mansion for the unknown future.

She's even more worried about what Michael will do about her leaving. She is after all carrying his children.

"Would you like help or are you changing your mind about leaving?" Kiara asks as Carmen stops packing and just stares into space.

"She's just worried about the future and how Michael is going to react." Whitney says coming to the room. She's already had some of the men start taking her bags to her car.

"You don't have to come with me, Carmen. The offer is open if you choose to stay behind at this point in time and then change your mind later." Whitney tells the frozen girl and gives her a hug.

Carmen shakes herself. "No, Michael didn't even have the guts to tell me that he was breaking our date and just forced John to take his place making him break his date with you."

"Bullshit. The bitch wanted John. This is all on John you can bet on that. But I do think that you could do better. I've always thought you could do better than Michael was willing to give you. You deserve a man that will give you everything, not just crumbs."

"I was jealous of your relationship with John because I thought that's what you were getting with him." Carmen whispers to Whitney.

"Yeah, so did I." Whitney says bitterly but refuses to allow the tears to fall. Even the night before she thought John loved her like she loves him, but not after what he pulled today.

Not even the death of her father and the consequent betrayal of family left her as shattered as what John did to her.

"Whitney, please don't leave. Let me explain, please?" John says as he sees her talking to the other two females. He only notices in passing that they are both packing as well.

"Any talking should have been done before you left with Carmen on that aborted date. You had more than twenty-four hours to tell me what you were going to do. You had the time to tell me that you had to break the date I spent days planning to make it special and you didn't. Instead you left me to find on my own that the reason you had to break our date was so you could take Michael's date instead. Michael's girlfriend instead of your own." Whitney has to stop and take a few deep breaths to calm down. "That one action showed me just where I fall with you. I trusted you more than I have any one ever, even more than my father and you pull this. 

"Just how much do you hate me? How many other times have you cheated on me using work as an excuse? Did you really do nothing with Kiara here when you were working?" At her words John is so shocked that he can't speak. He had no idea that his actions this day would have her questioning his past actions and faithfulness to her.

"How many of those trips you took on behalf of Michael did you have dates with females with? How many other females did you sleep with? If you weren't happy with me, all you had to do was tell me John. I would have left even sooner."

"I am happy with you. How can you possibly think that I would have been with others when I was doing business?"

"Well, until tonight I didn't. But tonight you showed me that you aren't to be trusted. If you could cheat on me by dating Michael's girlfriend then perhaps you cheated on me before. I have no idea just how many times you cheated on me.

"I have always been up front with you. The only one I've ever been with was Michael, since we started dating. That was only because you sanctioned me being his mistress before I told him yes.

"I should have known then that if you didn't have a problem with me being with your brother that you would take equal liberties and be with others."

"I haven't been with any one else!" John is desperate to get her to believe him. He's losing her and he can tell that she no longer believes him.

"Yeah, right. You haven't even asked why I was so upset that this particular date was ruined. Why this one was so special. You really just don't give a shit."

"I do, I just have been trying to figure things out as they all seem to be falling apart in front of me. Please, Whitney, tell me, why was this date so special?" John asks with tears in his eyes. The only time that Whitney can remember him having tears since he does a great job on suppressing his emotions.

"I was going to tell you something important. Something I thought would make you happy." Whitney tells him but then turns away from him. "But I guess I'm not important enough for you to follow through with plans."

"Whitney, I told you that I would make a special date for us tomorrow. Please, what were you going to tell me?"

Whitney turns to him and says, "I'm pregnant." Then she pushes him out of the way as she leaves the room. The girls picking up some of their luggage and pushing him out of the way as well as they leave.

"You really fucked up, John." Kiara says as she is the last to go out of the room. The guards that Whitney asked for help come in and grab the remaining luggage and carefully leave the room.

John just stands there in shock unable to move until he hears the distant sound of the car starting up.

"No! Whitney, don't leave me." John says even as he races out of the room and down the stairs. By the time he gets the door open and steps outside, he can just barely see the taillights  of the leaving car.

"John?" Michael says coming up to him.

"They are all gone. Whitney is taking Carmen and Kiara both with her. They left and they aren't planning on coming back. I lost her and my baby." John says and falls to his knees crying.

"What?" Michael says lost and in no little pain himself. Carmen left him. He has no doubt that Whitney will make sure that Carmen is well looked after, but now he'll not see his children.

"Whitney wanted to make this date special because she had something important to tell me. She planned for days and made arrangements to tell me that I'm going to be a father." John manages to choke out in between sobs.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry, so sorry John." Michael holds his brother to him. He can't even remember the last time John cried like this. 

Once John settles down some Michael assigns guards to the three females that are no longer in their care. Two to Carmen and Whitney and one to Kiara. They don't think that Kiara will need protection but want to have the extra just in case. There is every need for the four guards for Whitney and Carmen. They will be targets for those that are looking for ways to get to Michael and John.

"Next week are the street racing trials, maybe she'll calm down by then and talk to you." Michael says but knows that his relationship with Whitney is over and doubts strongly that he'll be able to salvage the one with Carmen.