9 | favors.

"Yeah, gon ask me do I got somebody down there

"Yeah, gon ask me do I got somebody down there." I told Chance and Sani as we laughed on our group facetime call. I told them what she said yesterday and it was funny because it's somewhat the truth, but not really.

"So what? She staying with you now?" Chance asked me and I nodded. "Good." He said licking his lips.

I scrunched my face up at the sight, "The fuck you licking yo lips for? You know what I'ma call y'all back." I hung up the phone. Chance starting to get on my damn nerves about getting with Saija. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does so he need to chill that shit out.

"Yo." I answered my little sister's phone call.

"What do you want Meechie?" She said with an attitude.

"Damn that's how you treat ya big brother? I can't get a hello?"

"Hey. You called me first so, wassup?"

"I need you to do me favor."

꧁꧂

I walked down the stairs to see Saija sweeping the living room with some AirPods in I let her have. She had on some biker shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I couldn't make out what song she was listening to but she was feeling it. The way she used the broomstick as a microphone and how she swayed her hips to whatever beat was playing.

She turned around in my direction and jumped as she saw me watching. She put her hand over her chest, "You scared the shit out of me."

I laughed as I walked closer to her. I pulled out a stack of money and reached it out to her, "Here." She looked at my hand then back up to me and turned around to keep sweeping.

"I'm not taking that." Everybody I've offered money to never hesitated to take it, especially women. So it's weird for her to not take it.

"I insist."

"Why? You've saved my life, given me a place to stay. You keep doing things I can't repay you for. I might have to get creative."

"Oh, word?" I jokingly raised my eyebrows and she started blushing.

"That's not what I meant oh my god." She said hiding her face in her hands.

I laughed as I pulled her hands away, "I'm just fucking with you, but forreal, take it and buy you some new stuff with it." I placed the bills in her hands.

" I placed the bills in her hands