8 | deal or no deal?

"Demetrius? What are you doing here?" I raised my eyebrow

"Demetrius? What are you doing here?" I raised my eyebrow. He was the last person I expected to walk through that door.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but I had to make sure you were straight." He said as he came closer.

I thought about it for a minute, it came to me. "You were the one who found me?" He nodded. "Wow. What a coincidence." I chuckled. "How?"

"Where you was parked at is one of my businesses, I was checking it out this morning and recognized your car. I meant to talk to you anyway, so I went to see if it was your car, and you were inside, passed out." He rubbed his beard.

"Well thank you for saving me. I don't know how I could ever repay you."

"It's nothing, ma. I wanted to apologize about Toya getting you fired. That shit wasn't cool and it was because of me, so I'm sorry about that." He looked me in my eye and I could tell he meant it.

"I appreciate that, but it wasn't your fault," I reassured him and he nodded. There was a silence until he spoke up again.

"So what are you doing after you get out?"

"Well, I'm out of a job and a house so I have no idea." I let out more than I intended to. Meechie is cool and he's done a lot for me but I don't need him to worry for me anymore.

"Whatchu mean?"

"I had a deal with my landlord and he backed out on it and kicked me out," I said getting frustrated all over again. I looked up at him and he was already looking my way. I broke the connection by looking away at the tv.

"I have a proposal." He said making me direct my attention back over to him. I raised my eyebrows, urging him to continue. "Come stay with me."

I chuckled at what he said. "Oh, you're serious?" I asked him as he stale faced me. "You don't have to feel bad for me."

"You didn't let me finish. You come stay with me and do everything you were doing already. Like cooking, cleaning, all of that." He looked my way, grinning. "It's really a win-win situation. Whatchu say?"

I tried to think about all the negatives that can come out of this situation, as I usually do. I like for situations to be in my control, and honestly, it's stressful. I'm finally going to let go and go with the flow.

Making the decision that just might turn my life into complete chaos. I sighed, "Deal."

꧁꧂

"Did you talk to Dr. Taylor?" The nurse, Ashleigh, asked me as she wrapped my wrist a final time.

"Nope." I answered, annoyed that she kept asking me the same question multiple times.

"I really think you sho-"

"I didn't ask, but thanks." I told her, deading the conversation. I already told her several times I don't need a shrink, and that I'm perfectly fine.

She finished wrapping the bandage around my wrist, "I'll bring out the discharge papers for you to sign and you can be on your way."

I signed all of the papers and was now waiting for Meechie to come pick me up since I didn't have my car. As I sat on the bed I wondered if he was really coming, and what I would do if he didn't.

If he didn't show, I wouldn't be surprised. You really can't trust anyone but yourself, so I wouldn't even trip about it. I would move away from this city and find a new one, or I might just ruin everything and go back home.

Nonetheless, if he didn't show I wou-

"Wassup. You ready?" Meechie asked as he stepped into my hospital room. He had a smile on his face, showing his straight white teeth, and I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Yeah, let's go." I said jumping down and grabbing the few things I had in the hospital with me, and followed him out of the building. I have to admit, I'm happy he showed up.

"Thanks." I said as he opened the passenger door of his luxurious Porsche for me. He jogged over to the driver side to get in himself.

The radio played lowly as there was a silence in the car as he drove. I wanted to talk to him more about the deal we made. To make sure we're both on the same page and everything is understood.

"So-" We said at the same time. "You go." I said while we both laughed.

"Nah, you go shawty."

"Okay, well first I just want to say thank you again for helping me out. And I thought you may want to explain what I'll be doing again around the house so we're both on the same page."

"Nothing too specific. Mainly the cooking you be doing cause I can't do shit in the kitchen." I nodded mentally taking notes of what he was saying. "That's it. We don't need to do all that extra shit. I don't really care what you do, just be cool. Mi casa su casa." He said as he began to play some rap music.

The fact that he is so carefree, scares me. I'm so hands on and controlling, and he doesn't give a fuck about anything.

"You hungry?" I nodded then he began to blast the music.

We stopped at Wendy's, then headed to his house. It looked exactly the same in here. Big and empty. I have no idea how he stays in this house alone.

"Well you know where everything at. And you can still have that room you were staying in. I'm finna go upstairs." He said eating French fries out of his bag. "Oh and I do have one rule. Don't go down there." He pointed towards the door to the basement.

"Why? Are you hiding somebody down there?" The sentence flew out of my mouth. Why the hell would I say that?

"Just kidding.. haha." My awkward ass tried to play it off and he stared at me, unamused. He didn't say anything else, just walked away, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I probably would have never went down there, but now I'm curious. What is he hiding?

 What is he hiding?

Update purr. How y'all feeling about the story and what's happening so far? Questions?