25| saija's tale.

Five years later...

Love by Destiny's Child played through the speakers of Saija's bakery, A Bite of Blue. She decorated a berry chantilly cake with white whipped icing as she sang along. "Through you I live and love again. Open the path to happiness. Through you I learn to smile again. I thank God for youuuu." The song's lyrics were really speaking to her. It described her and Meechie's relationship perfectly.

"Through you I live and love again. I trust you, just guide me, take my hand. Through you I learned to smile again. I love you." Placing blueberries along the piped icing she began to admire her creation. Over the years, baking had truly become her passion and she loved the whole process of putting all the ingredients together to make something beautiful that tasted good too.

After making the cake look as pretty as possible, she put it in a dish to sit in the refrigerated glass display cases that the customers see as soon as they walk into the shop. Cobalt blue was the main color and grey and white completed the color scheme. Gold accents were around where Saija saw it fit.

The shop was a wedding gift from her husband and he gave her financial freedom to decorate it however she pleased and she did just that. It was located in the city of Atlanta even though they'd moved outside of the city to live a slower lifestyle. She spent all of her time in the bakery unless she was at home with her family.

The bakery was empty at the moment since they weren't open yet. Since she was trying to be in a good mood this morning, she came in early to make some premade treats, taking the workload off of her employees and also for her own enjoyment.

Taking off her ring, she washed her hands and hung her apron on the hook. Saija made sure to slide the ring back on her left ring finger before taking a seat on the grey plush couch in her office that doubled as a futon. Her feet were killing her from standing up for so long, so she put them up on the couch and grabbed the throw blanket, getting comfortable.

Saija didn't even know she fell asleep until she was woken up by Meechie kissing her face. He laughed seeing her all discombobulated. "What time is it?" She asked through a stretch.

"You can't speak to your husband?"

"Hey husband." She smiled, removing the blanket off of her so she could stand up, revealing her round belly. "Seriously what time is it? I don't want to be late." Saija walked to the adjoined bathroom trying to fix up her appearance to look decent.

"Twelve." Meechie walked behind her, wrapping his arms around her and rubbing circles around her stomach. Saija glanced at him through the mirror they were standing in front of and gave him a look. Their appointment was for 12:30.

"Come on we gotta go, you know the traffic be bad." She removed herself from his embrace and strapped on her nude velcro Chanel sandals. Meechie walked back to the front of the store while she grabbed her purse and slid her black Balenciaga frames on top of her head.

"Really?" She laughed as she saw him downing a blue velvet cupcake.

"On God these things like crack." Meechie made her laugh some more while she stood on her tippy toes to wipe the cream cheese frosting off of the side of his lip.

"I'll tell Casey make us a dozen and we'll come get it before going home. I know Kiyan and Kasen gonna want some too. They greedy like they daddy." Saija joked as she slid her sunglasses on her eyes as they walked outside. The sun beamed and it was really hot since it was August. He opened the passenger door and helped her get inside of the black Maserati Levante.

"It taste different when you make it tho." Meechie just wanted her to do it and she pursed her lips together, knowing that it was bull because it was all the same recipe.