18| three words, eight letters.

I love you

I love you.

Growing up, my parents always expressed how much they loved me. But I've never felt real love in a romantic way.

Every time I'm around Meechie I get an indescribable feeling. I presumed it was love and I said it out loud when I thought he was asleep to see if it felt right, but unfortunately for me, he wasn't sleeping.

Even though I didn't expect to get a response, hearing him say it made me feel really good. For one, it solidified my feelings, and of course, knowing he felt the same as I made me feel less embarrassed. A part of me felt like it was way too soon, but I know that time doesn't wait for anybody so I had to get it off of my chest.

I woke up before him. After I finished brushing my teeth and washing my face, I looked back at myself in the mirror. I looked different. Happier.

I still had the same face from when I was a kid, looking just like my mom. From my nose and my eyes to my jawline, I was her twin. My milk chocolate skin complexion comes from my dad, both me and my sister share it.

I do miss my family a lot and I wish that I'd listened to my mom and left Seth alone. But what I went through molded me into who I am now, and I probably wouldn't have met Meech. I've always been one to see the brighter side of things and a lot of times it's hard to keep that mindset, but it's worth it in the long run.

Sliding my feet into Meechie's Kappa slippers, I went downstairs to see what was in there that I can whip up.

I was sliding the tray of cinnamon rolls in the oven when I heard the front door open. I quickly grabbed a knife and slowly walked to the entrance of the kitchen that was close to the front door.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I told Meechie's mother since I almost stabbed her with the kitchen knife. I sat it down on the counter while she looked at me.

"I know you." She said looking at my face longer. The last time I saw her was about six months ago when I was still working for Mariposa's Saints. "What's your name?"

"Saija." I guess she forgot who I was.

"Oh right! What are you still doing here? I remember only paying for a month." She walked further into the house and sat her purse down on the island in the kitchen.

"It's really a long story." I chuckled but she didn't crack a smile. "Meechie has been helping me out and I've been staying here with him." She nodded hearing the words I was saying.

"Where is my son now?"

"Upstairs, sleeping." I could smell the cinnamon so I went to check to see if the rolls were done. Since I liked mine a little burned I let them go for a few more minutes.

"I see you've gotten real comfortable around here. But if I were you I wouldn't. My son has... issues."

"What?" I said with a bit more attitude than I intended to have. Meechie never talks about his mother, or any of his family really. All I know is that after his father died, they moved to Atlanta and his mom got remarried then had Trinity and Hassan with her new husband. When I first met her I didn't really think much of how she was as a mother, but I'm starting to form an opinion now.