11| baby steps.

a week later

a week later ...

"When your heart is freeeeeeee it's easy to make a decisionnn." Saija dramatically sang along to the opening song of the movie, using the remote as a microphone.

"Damn, can you let her sing it!?"

"You know what, I knew you were a hater but I didn't think it was that bad."

I smacked my teeth, "Yeah, whatever."

Me and Saija sat in the living room watching Madea's Family Reunion. I didn't want to watch the shit, but since she was begging me to death, I let her put it on.

As the movie went on I started to get aggravated with the mama.

"You good?" Saija slightly laughed at me.

"I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry. The minute she would've hit my lady like that it would've been lights out for mom." I shrugged.

"Wait a damn minute. You would hit somebody mama?" She laughed so more while holding her stomach.

"Hell yeah." I laughed a  little bit myself. "Don't put your hands on my woman. If you think I'ma standby and let you hit my lady, you're smoking dick. Mama or not I don't give a damn."

"Good answer." She nodded and focused back on the movie.

We continued to watch the movie, sitting in a comfortable silence. I looked over at Saija and she was so in tune with the movie and was eating up every word Cicely Tyson spoke about love.

"You don't see love like that nowadays, you know?" I turned and looked her in the eyes. We've gotten closer over the last month, but she's never really opened up to me. I'm giving her time though because I have some skeletons in my closets as well. And what Trin told me is kind of making me want to know more about her.

She nodded in response to me. She was about to add to what I said until her text tone rang.

For the rest of the movie, she didn't pay much attention. Whoever she was texting had her undivided attention. I noticed how she keeps smiling at her phone and I can't help but wonder who's texting her.

"You want to watch another one?" I asked her as the movie went off.

"Huh?" She said after a few minutes of being more distracted.

"Damn girl. Who got you blushing like that?" I laughed, but I was being dead ass. I've never seen her act like this before, so I want to know who got her like this.

She laughed, "It's just Chance. He sent me a meme." Chance? The fuck he texting her for? How the hell he either get her number?

I rubbed my chin, "Since when you two get close?" Before she could answer me, her phone started to ring.

"I gotta take this, but I really had fun. Thanks for watching the movie with me." She bent down to give me a hug. "Goodnight!" She skipped to her room as she answered the phone call, which I'm assuming is Chance.