19| meacco aiya blue.

I could see the tears that were welled up in my mother's eyes as I stood in front of her

I could see the tears that were welled up in my mother's eyes as I stood in front of her. I couldn't help but feel emotional as well.

"Meme, my baby!" She ran towards me calling me by my nickname. "Thank you Jesus." She repeated over and over again holding me tightly. I was holding her just as tight. It's been six, almost seven, years since the last time I saw her. Three I was held captive and the other three I was running.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a good five minutes before I finally pulled back. I looked for Meechie but he walked off to give us some privacy. "How did you know I was here?" I had to ask.

"Somebody emailed me anonymously. Your dad stayed home since he didn't believe it because we've always had lost hope, but I had to see if it was you baby. I love you so much I miss you." She hugged me again. Something wasn't adding up, all these years I've been running and all of the sudden somebody gave her my right location?

"I love you too, mama. I know you have a lot of questions, let's talk." I grabbed her hand and guided her to the informal dining room table.

"I do, but let's wait a minute. I'm just so glad you're alive. It's been so hard to keep hope but I knew we'd find you, Meme." She began to cry some more and I went to grab the box of tissues.

"I'll be back in a minute." I walked the short distance to the living room where Meechie sat on the couch on his MacBook.

"Did you tell her?" I asked him, grabbing the box of Kleenex off of the coffee table. I wouldn't be mad if he did, I just wish he would've asked me beforehand.

Seth is crazy as hell and I've seen the lengths he'd go to have what he wants. I just don't want to put anyone in danger because of me.

He shook his head, "Nah, I wouldn't do that without asking you first." He replied and I looked at him, squinting my eyes to see if he was telling the truth. Sitting the computer to the side, he stood in front of me, "I'm serious, I didn't. Maybe it was your friend who you said helped you out." Meech suggested but Summer was so against the idea of me going back home, which I think was more for her benefit than my own, so I don't think it was her. "But don't worry about that right now, go talk to your mom, I know you miss her."

I nodded at what he was saying then wrapped my arms around him for some comfort, before joining my mom back at the table and sitting to the right of her.

I really do miss her a lot. I wished that I cried on her shoulder instead of crying into pillows when I felt lonely or scared or both. And that was a lot of nights. Way too many for anybody to experience and be sane afterwards.

"How's Tearra and daddy doing?" I asked her trying to spark up a conversation. I really didn't know how or where to start to tell her what happened to me, so I figured we'd catch up first.

"They're good but I don't care about them right now. Tell me what happened Meme."

"Well, Seth held me in some house or whatever for three years and told you guys that I ran away which clearly wasn't true. He used to... rape me." I felt the tears clouding my eyes. I couldn't even look my mom in the eye anymore. "He used to say how much he loved me every time he did it and afterwards." I never went in depth about it with anyone but something clicked inside of me when I started telling my mom, I felt the need to get it all off of my chest, to confide in her. Like I did with everything else when I was younger.