5| liar, liar.

latoya cane.

I fiddled with the fake diamond ring that was in my left finger as I sat at the office of Mariposa's Saints.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Mrs. Wilder. I'm Monica." The woman said as she sat down in front of me. "So! What brings you here today?"

"I would like to file a complaint." I said as I gently patted my black eye as the fake tears fell. "Against Saija Azul."

One day earlier...

"You stupid bitch!" Saija said then ran up on me.

"Let me go hoe!" I said as she grabbed my hair and punched me in my mouth.

"Ayo y'all help me!" Meechie yelled at Hassan and Chance to break up the fight.

"Baby help me!" I said as she pulled my tracks out. I managed to finally get a hit after Chance pulled her up off of me.

"You're a dummy bitch!" Saija said after they dragged her out of the room.

"Yo what the fuck is wrong with you bruh?!" Meechie yelled at me from across the kitchen. Instead of staying here to help me out, he went chasing after that Oompa Loompa body built bitch.

"You good bruh?" Hassan said as I picked up my hair off the floor.

"Leave me the fuck alone."

"Don't be mad at me you got your ass beat shawty, you deserved it." He said as he threw his hands up and laughed, I mugged his ass. "Good thing Meechie ain't gon say nothing. That girl probably gon lose her job and all."

"What do you want Sani?" I said as my voice cracked. My feelings, my heart, and my lips hurt and I don't have time to sit here while he makes jokes.

"Meechie wanted me to tell you to leave.. and don't come back." When he said that, my heart fell into a million pieces. "I suggest you get to steppin'. You don't want him to tell you."

"That's okay." I quickly wiped my tears and put on a fake smile. "I'll call him tomorrow and everything will be back to normal." I grabbed my keys and went to my Audi A4 and made my way to my apartment.

While I was driving, what Sani said replayed in my head, "that girl probably gonna lose her job and all."

I quickly turned around and went to the nearest Tj Maxx. I ignored all of the workers as I quickly went to the ring section.

I searched for some type of mock engagement ring, but they all were hella expensive. I picked out the cheapest one that had a pear shaped diamond. "Excuse me!" I said snapping my fingers to the employee that is closest to me.

"How can I help you?" The girl said with a slight attitude.

I rolled my eyes, "Umm, can I get this?" I said pointing at the ring. She went around and got it, then started to ring me up.

"60.95." She said as she stuck her hand out. I gladly handed her my card, but instantly got annoyed when she said, "It declined."

"No, that must be a mistake, try again." I rolled my eyes. The machine beeped once again and I heard her laugh.

"Here." I roughly handed her my last 100 dollar bill. I grabbed the ring and went straight to my car. I screamed and repeatedly hit the steering wheel, letting all of my anger out.

I made the short drive to my apartment and wiped my tears as I walked inside. "Nana!" I yelled. She laid in her bed, hooked onto all of her machines, and watched Family Feud.