3| all i have.

"Oh my god

"Oh my god." I said as I jogged over to where Demetrius was leaning against the counter in pain with blood seeping through his white shirt. "What happened?"

I searched the kitchen for a pair of scissors as he grunted from pain. I cut his shirt open and my mouth dropped open as I saw all of the blood.

I didn't attend nursing school, or any college at that. I got put onto this job by one of my friends from my past. Thankfully I knew how to take care of wounds from personal experience.

"FUCK!" He said as I cleaned the wounds with some alcohol wipes. After I cleaned and dressed his wounds, he sat down on one of the barstools that were behind the island.

I jogged to my room to get his file so I could see what meds he were on. I went in his cabinets just to find all of his medicine bottles were filled to the top. I turned around to look at him.

He was buried in his phone until I cleared my throat. "Mr. Wild-"

"Call me Meechie." He said after cutting me off. I nodded and started again, after I was interrupted.

"Meechie, why aren't you taking your meds? I know you're probably in pa-"

"I'm straight."

"Okay." I said chuckling to calm myself down. Being interrupted is one of my biggest pet peeves and he's pushing it right now. "You still need to take your meds they'll help you heal faster. Also, staying in bed helps." He didn't say anything as he continued to scroll on his phone.

I stared at him and he continued to do what he was doing. I took a deep breath and went back over to bottles and took out his correct dosages. I put everything back where it belonged and went back to my room.

I'm not about to stand there and baby up a grown ass man into doing something that would benefit him. If he wants to continue the tough guy act and not take the pain medication, that's all on him.

꧁꧂

The next morning, I woke up around 8. I did my hygiene and put on a new pair of scrubs. I hate the fact that we can't wear regular clothes when we're living in, but I forget that this is still my job.

After I looked decent, I went into the kitchen, it was empty. So was the saucer I placed the pills on last night. I smiled at the fact that I knew he wouldn't last without the meds. With patients like that, you have to let them find things out on their own.

I opened the refrigerator to get some type of breakfast going and there was nothing. I wanted to do the whole pancakes, omelets, hash browns, and all. While all he has in here is enough to make a few grilled cheese sandwiches.

I made a few sandwiches, some for him and some for me. After I was finished, I plated it cutely and put it on a tray along with a sprite, since that's was the only drink that was in his refrigerator. Also the meds he takes at this hour.