1| positions.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED®️
This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, episodes are all created by me.
The storylines depicted in this story are all possessed by me.
Plagiarism, renditions, etc won't be tolerated!

- seauxheaux

"Saija, I have a job for you

"Saija, I have a job for you." My boss, Monica, said as I followed her to her office.

"Demetrius Wilder." She said as she placed his file in front of me. I flipped through it as she continued to talk.

"You'll be living in his home, so you get the rest of the day off to collect your things."

"Stay in his home?" I asked with a confused face. I've never had to live with the patient, and quite frankly I don't want to.

"He's paying extra for you to do so. Is that a problem? I can give the job to someone else." She said with a slight attitude as she began to pick up his file, but I stopped her.

"No, it's fine. I'll go get my things now." I said giving her a tight-lipped smile. I was about to walk out of the door before I heard her call out my name.

"Don't forget our policy." She said after I turned to face her.

"I won't." I said as I left out of the office. The policy she speaks of is that we can't have any romantic relationships with our patients. I've never had a problem because most of my patients have been either old or unattractive.

Plus, I've given up on love. Nothing good has ever come out of it. It scarred me for life.

I walked out of our building and quickly walked to my car, repeatedly looking over my shoulder. After I got in, I sat my purse on my passenger seat and wasted no time making my way home.

In twenty minutes, I made it to my decently sized apartment. I locked all four of my door locks then proceeded to my closet to pack up my things. I grabbed my two large suitcases and filled it with undergarments, my work scrubs, and my other essentials.

After I had everything packed up I took a shower. As the hot water sprinkled on my skin, I began to get lost in my thoughts. Old memories filled my head and a wave of sadness quickly came over me. After wiping a few tears, I turned the water off, got out, and threw on some comfortable clothes.

Being that this will be my last night alone, I decided to make myself a quick, but nice meal and enjoy my alone time.

I grabbed a half-empty wine bottle out of the refrigerator and emptied its contents into a glass and warmed up some seafood pasta that was chilling in the fridge since yesterday.

I moved my wine and pasta party over to my living room where I watched Catfish to entertain me until I got sleepy. After finishing off my wine, I was exhausted and ended up falling asleep on the couch.

꧁꧂

My alarm woke me up at 7:30. I rubbed my eyes and let out a loud yelp as I stretched out my limbs. I stumbled when I stood on both feet.

I walked to my bathroom and did my hygiene. I put on my scrubs, then went into the bathroom to put my hair in my signature messy bun. Then, I lotioned up and spritzed some perfume onto my body.

After struggling to put my big and heavy suitcases into my car, I locked my apartment up and headed to McDonald's for a quick breakfast.

I got my food then sat in the parking lot to waste time since I didn't have to be at his house until 9:30. I ate my McGriddle, then pulled out my patient's file to see where his house was.

"2308 Treme." I read aloud. I've worked around that neighborhood a lot. A lot of rich and white old people. I finished my sandwich and sipped some of my frappe.

꧁꧂

"2298, 2300, 2304, ahh." I said as I finally found the house. It was at the end of the block and was probably the biggest house on this street.

It was nice. Really nice. It stood out from the rest of the houses because of its modern look. There was a G-Wagon, Rolls Royce Wraith, and a Maserati parked in the driveway. I parked my car in front of the house and searched for the key Monica gave me.

I walked into the house after unlocking it, I searched around for someone. After failing to find someone on the first floor, I sat my purse on the counter in the kitchen and went to the second floor.

No one was there, so I proceeded to go to the third floor. There was only one door at the end of the long corridor.

I knocked a couple of times, but no answer. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I didn't immediately see anyone until I walked deeper into the room.

Who I saw laying in the bed was very unexpected. He was much younger than I thought. He had a lot of tattoos that decorated all over his body. He was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't want to wake him up. I tried to see how bad his wounds were from the way he was laying.

He had 2 gunshot wounds, some grazing, and a few cuts. I have no idea what this man was doing, but he got fucked up. I tucked loose hair strands behind my ear as I leaned closer to get a better look at his wounds. Just as I was about to look at his back wounds, he started to wake up.

I backed up quickly before he opened his eyes. Once his eyes fixated on me, he scrunched up his face. He reached and pulled a gun from under the pillow, then aimed it at me. "Who the fuck you is and how you get in here?" He asked me as I just stood there, with a scared look on my face.

-

hey! i hope y'all enjoying the story so far, more characters will be introduced throughout

hey! i hope y'all enjoying the story so far, more characters will be introduced throughout. don't forget to vote & comment.