13| rare breed.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes as the sunlight beamed through my bedroom windows

I groaned and rubbed my eyes as the sunlight beamed through my bedroom windows. I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and rolled back over into the plush duvet. I noticed Meech was no longer in the bed with me, but I could still smell his rather expensive woodsy and minty cologne.

I scrolled through social media until I was ready to get up. When I walked into the bathroom, I could see the puffiness in my eyes. When I cried last night it wasn't just because Chance stood me up, I was angry that I let myself open up and be vulnerable again.

And that's what made it hurt more. I open up for the first time in years and I get turned down. But that's okay. I'm not gonna stop myself from being happy because of a corny ass nigga.

I wrapped my hair in a messy top knot while I did my hygiene. I slipped on my house shoes and went to see where Meechie was. I hope he didn't feel awkward or regretful this morning and got up. We didn't do anything but cuddle a little bit.

"Morning." I leaned against the counter in the kitchen. Surprisingly I was watching Meech whip up some breakfast for us.

"Ah shit!" He hissed as the grease from the bacon popped him on his arm. "Morning." He looked up at me with a smile.

I laughed, "It's way past the morning. What you cheffing up for?" I walked closer to him. There are waffles, eggs, and the bacon he just took off the fire.

"For us. We gotta eat cause we have a big day ahead of us."

I'm confused and by his laugh, I figured you could see it all in my face. "What do you mean?" I asked picking up a strip of bacon.

"I know you've been down lately and you sit in the house all day, so I figured we could do something together... if you're up for it." He cautiously said.

I hesitated before answering. I could see Meech's fall slightly fall as I did. "Of course." I reassured him. "It's just that sometimes I put my guard up as a habit, but I know you won't hurt me." I hurriedly stuffed some eggs in my big ass mouth.

I watched his face turn back into the grin he once possessed. He's so sweet, maybe too sweet for his own good. At least to me.

"Aight then." He went into the refrigerator to grab some orange juice. "So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He muttered while drinking his juice. I folded my arms and raised my eyebrow. He licked his lips, staring me up and down. He walked closer to me.

"How am I supposed to know what to wear?" I slightly became nervous, noticing his actions. "I got it covered." He cupped my face. I resisted the urge to rest my head in his huge hand.

Just as I was about to speak up, his phone starts to ring. Not taking his eyes off of me, he answers, "Yo."

"