eleven

Chapter 11

Gone, Gone, Gone

~

Benjamin's Point of View

I was walking back towards Abel, when some big ole guys got in my way.

Oh gosh.

They were laughing and pushing each other playfully. There was about 5 of them in total. They all looked like very attractive Latino men, and they smelt funny.

I didn't know what the smell was, so I sniffed them a little bit.

One of the shorter ones, still taller than me, pointed to me and laughed. "Yo bro, want some?" All the rest of them turned towards me at his question.

"Uh, well, um, I haven't an idea about and what you're talking about," I muttered.

"Bud, obviously you can smell it," another one piped up. A crowd was forming around us, but not because of us, it was for the race that was starting in three minutes.

"Um, bud, as in beer?" I asked looking at the cigarettes in their hand. They didn't even have beer. Why would they offer it?

Apparently, what I said was very funny, because they all started laughing. The tallest man from the group grabbed my arm and started to lead me towards the building everyone was in. He was almost as tall as Mr. Porter with very dark brown curly hair, and he was attractive. I didn't feel afraid of him, but I couldn't leave Mr. Porter.

"Wait! Stop! Stop!" I yelled over the loud crowd that we were roughly passing through.

The man turned back around, but didn't stop as he pulled me to the apartment complex quicker.

I was trying not to panic. I bet he was only going to show me what bud is, and that can't be that bad. I bet it's like some really pretty flower. That calmed me down a little bit, but I was still in a huge hoard of people.

I really didn't know how there were this many people at this event that is highly illegal.

We were inside and in some empty room on the first floor with the wall peeling off, when I asked, "So, can I see these buds you were talking about?"

The man laughed once again. He turned towards me and started speaking, "What brings you to such an event as this?" He had a smirk plastered onto his gorgeously tan skin.

"Well, um, my boss is in th-the race," I stuttered a little. He was pulling some sort of food out of the nasty looking fridge.

After he got the food, he led me into some room off the side of the kitchen. It looked strangely nice, compared to the rest of the apartment. It had a white leather couch and a flat screen television. He motioned for me to sit on the leather couch. I took a seat in the corner, and he sat one cushion away.

"Who's your boss?" The man placed the brownies on the nice glass coffee table and took one of the smallest on the plate. His back slumped a little and he took a bite out of the brownie.

Who eats brownies at an illegal drag race?

"Oh, Mr. Porter," The man stopped chewing for a second, but continued, he then offered me one of the brownies.

I shrugged and took one from the plastic plate.

I guess, I eat brownies at an illegal race.

I paused, after that thought. My billionaire boss brought me to a highly illegal drag race, where I am no longer with him. I am with some stranger who's name I don't even know.