ten

Chapter 10

New Scene

~

Levi's Point Of View

I was pissed to say the least. I don't even know why I'm so perverse on going to the race. I will admit, I miss the rush of winning, and how different the people are. I'm so used to having everyone in business suits and having good manners. I like going into some rundown part of the city and speeding down the street as fast as I can.

Though, the only reason I know about the race is because of Trysten. It's not like he's a threat to me, but his connections are.

It was an almost two-hour long drive to the "neighborhood" from Benjamin's apartment. To say I was mad, when I came to pick up Benjamin was an understatement. Why the fuck did Abel stalk him to his house? He's my friend, not my next conquest's friend.

Abel is currently dead to me.

Right now, Benjamin, Abel and I were all in my car. Benjamin had fallen back asleep, after I carried him to my car. He was currently laying on my shoulder with my leather jacket clutched in his hand. Perhaps, it was a little too intimate of a position for where we were in our relationship, but I couldn't bring myself too move him.

He looked completely adorable. Especially in the new YSL clothing, I bought him. The patterned monochrome sweater fits him so well, and I don't think Benjamin has ever looked better. Maybe, that's just me being biased, because I got to dress him.

Abel on the other hand was sitting across from me with his phone in his hands making comments every so often about what he was looking at. He was in the same type of clothes as us, and he had cut his curly hair recently to where it looked very sharp. We all looked very good.

I was gently rubbing Benjamin's lower back, when he woke up. He let go of my jacket and rubbed his eyes. He sat up slowly and jumped a little, when he realized how close to me he was.

"Oh, well, hello there," his groggy voice filled the car. I noticed, he wasn't as skittish and mummbley as he used to be. I liked the subtle shyness he had towards me now, then when he was completely afraid of me. I liked the progress we made, but I didn't want to take this too far.

After last week in his apartment and how he reacted to Abel earlier this evening, it was clear this young man needed help.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to be the one to help him. There was more to him than he let on. I didn't want him to rely on me anymore than he already was for his income.

He was good guy, but I also don't want to turn into his savior and be tied down to him forever. I also had the tiniest and quietest voice in my head telling me I don't need to look any further than Benjamin.

"Good morning, sleeping Benji," I returned with direct eye contact. While I usually use eye contact as an assertive move, Benjamin and I seemed to do it a lot for no reason.

I think he finally felt our closeness and jumped away from me into the seat next to Abel. Once he sat down, he looked around as if he was looking for something.

"Where is the seat belt?" He asked, while feeling up the side of the car.

Abel laughed out loud at his innocent little question. "Oh, there are no seat belts. I mean, there probably are but Levi here always keeps them tucked into the seat."

"I could die, if I'm, um, you know, not, uh," I don't think Benjamin knew what he was trying to say.

"If you are not properly equipped with basic safety gear," Abel asked and Benjamin nodded with a blush. "I completely agree with you, Benjamin."