twelve

Chapter Twelve

~

Levi"s Point Of View

Benjamin honestly makes my head hurt. He is so naive and oblivious to all the bad things in this world. It makes me worry a lot more than I should for my P.A.

I even let him fall asleep on me last night in the car. 

I know we sort of cuddled, after first meeting, but I didn't think I would hold him that close again. I didn't think I would want to, but he was high as a kite last night, and did not last long once we got to the car.

Also, he was the one that wouldn't let go of me, not the other way around. 

I looked over to my bed, where Benjamin was asleep.

I slept on the incredibly modern-looking but uncomfortable chair across from the bed, just in case he woke up and was completely greened out. 

His body was sprawled out across the bed like an eagle. His breathing was in little pants. His eyes kept twitching like he was going to wake up at any moment, and when he did wake up, he is getting fired. I can't keep him as my P.A. anymore. I think I cared too much.

My mind was in a war with itself, trying to decide if Benjamin was too much or just enough. Or maybe, I just wanted to fuck him, give him his paycheck, and move the fuck on.

It was a little crude, but I didn't want to get more attached to him. He is reckless in a way he doesn't know about. When he ends up making a mess too big to clean, and I have to let him go, I don't want to care.

I was walking out of my room, going to make Benjamin a cup of coffee, when my phone rang. It was an unknown number, but the location was Washington. I know, I shouldn't pick up unknown callers, if it was a random person it would just confirm that this is, in fact, Levi Porter's telephone number, but I also knew Benjamin was from Washington and if they had this number it might be an emergency. 

So, I swiped accept. 

I usually wait for the other person to say something first, I was in luck because I did not have to wait very long as the female voice quickly started her greeting, "Hello? Levi Porter? I was calling and emailing your office with concerns of my son, Benjamin Gaume. I know he works for you, and I need him home straight away. Can you get in contact with him? This is his mother, Diane Jule." 

Damn, she had a whole spiel before I could even confirm my identity. I wasn't too concerned about her 'emergency' knowing that Benjamin probably left home with no contact for a reason, but I put on my best professional voice, "Yes, this is Levi Porter. I will get into contact with your son as quickly as I can, and he will call you back." I quickly hung up not wanting to get myself tangled in his family drama. 

I looked at my giant antique clock that hung over the fireplace. It told me it was almost noon. I tugged on my suit a little and sighed.

I could wake Benjamin up now.

I walked back into my stoic room, and walked over to the side of the bed Benjamin was on. He was all curled up in my very expensive duvet. I can tell he is a blanket hog by the way the whole cover was piled on top of him and he was completely content with it. 

I shook his small frame gently at first, trying to slowly wake him up, but his stubborn ass didn't even twitch. I pushed a little harder. 

Still no reaction. 

With determination, I grabbed my soft grey covers and just yanked them until he was completely coverless. 

This woke him up immediately, and he popped up. He looked up at me with groggy eyes, and his hair was up on end.