two

Okay, so, my new life, new me thing only lasted about a darn two hours after the famous guy left Coffee Works

Okay, so, my new life, new me thing only lasted about a darn two hours after the famous guy left Coffee Works. It was like a New Year's Resolution. I wanted to be different, but I'm not sure of how to go about change.

The day went by quickly, after the morning. I was grateful, but I wouldn't know what to do without work. I was told the shifts would usually range from 10-12 hours, but today was only 8 hours. The long days wouldn't have bothered me. It's the short days, that will leave me wondering around such a big city. Against running around New York City like a lost puppy, I opted to go to the comfort of my home, at least what is now my home.

I kept my head down in the streets, trying to squeeze in between the late lunch goers. I was walking like a little speed racer, zip-zoomin down the streets avoiding obstacles. There's just so many dang people here. I still managed to bump in to a couple, gosh darn. My apartment complex wasn't too far away from my place of work, and I got there in less than ten minutes.

My studio apartment was as nice as one could expect. The kitchen was to the right, the second you walked in with outdated appliances, cheap linoleum, and a fluorescent light that I denied to turn on. Fluorescents drain my energy, I swear. The walls of the rest of the place were concrete and there was fake wooden floors that were starting to come up in some places. There was only one small window directly across from the front door with broken blinds. A small closet door was located in the back. Next to the bathroom door, where I had left the light on, in case I ever came back late. I didn't want to walk in to a dark place. That would not be fun.

There was absolutely nothing in here. It was empty except for my black backpack that carried a blanket with some clothes, and there was another bag with cereal in it. I had sold all my electronics and car to get this apartment. I loved that it was all my own. I like to do things on my own, I think. My job gave me a uniform, and I guess, I do not really need too many clothes. Along withy cool grown up place, I still had enough money to go to the closest Goodwill and get a couch to sleep on for now.

I walked to the light of the bathroom, and I took off one of my only sets of clothes, my uniform, and I flung them over the shower curtain rod.

Oh my gosh, I fricken-nackity forgot everything I would need for a shower. I had no shampoo, body wash, razor (not that I really needed one), conditioner, or any towels. I did not even have a shower curtain! What have I been doing? Come to think of it, I didn't have much food other than off brand Lucky Charms, which in my opinion is better than the original, but I didn't have the milk for it either. Dang it. Nobody told me I had to do all the grown up things.

I had just moved into the place yesterday! I applied for Coffee Works over the phone a week ago, but I had the face to face interview yesterday, before I got the keys to my new home. I didn't think about how to feed myself or clean myself. I was just happy to have a place to sleep and call my very own.

I really needed to get my life together. I probably needed a second job or anything to get more income than I have now, with me barely getting above minimum wage. I barely had anything to get me through the two weeks I will need to survive, before my paycheck. Maybe three weeks? I have no idea, omigoodness. Who let me do this to myself? When did I become an adult with responsibilities? I mean, I know how and why and when, just it is all hitting me now! I was riding on the wave of independence and now I have fallen into the ocean of the rest of life.