six

Chapter Six

Levi's Point Of View

~

"You're gonna die because of those things," Abel muttered pointing to the cigarette that I had in my mouth.

"You won't have to worry about that, because I'm pretty sure by the time I die of lung cancer, I will have already killed you," I flicked the bottom of the cigarette and let it clash with the window of my car.

"So, well then, you should probably head in, now," Abel suggested, talking about how we've been sitting outside of Benjamin's 'apartment' building for almost half an hour. The place was hardly an apartment complex. It was a run-down building that just happened to have people living in it. People in the street would stop for half a second if they realized who I was. Those who stopped completely would stare at the building I was in front of harder than they would me. It was only a matter of time before someone posted a random photo of me here.

I am still not sure if I want to even see him. He obviously rejected the job, but I couldn't bear the idea of that. I at least wanted to see him again.

Fuck. What the fuck is wrong with me? I just showed up at the guy's home.

I cannot believe he lived here. I assumed, him living so near to the cafe that his home would at least be semi-decent. I was wrong.

I finally opened up the car door and walked straight into the pathetic lobby.

An older woman was standing there, looking quite annoyed.

"Do you know Benjamin?" I asked as politely as possibly could with my irritation for Benjamin burning through me.

"Why would I know that person?"

"He's new to the place, may you happen to have seen him around?" I just wanted to find him, so he could learn from his wrong decision.

"Oh," she paused with look of distaste, "him."

"Yes, him. Do you know where he lives by any chance?" I questioned even though I knew she wouldn't do it for free.

"Yeah, I do," her eyes devoured my appearance, "for one thousand dollars, Mr. Porter." Bitch.

"I'll give you fifty." I handed her the money from my wallet. "Now, tell me."

She quickly told me and then left. That was not really promising.

I got into the shifty-looking elevator and pressed the button for the floor I wanted.

The entire time the elevator was screeching and groaning. It was shaking with my weight, and I couldn't help but to wish that Benjamin never got on this Death Trap.

Once the death trap landed, I got out as soon as possible.

One.

Two.

Three.

The fourth door on the left he where she said he lived. There were no actual room numbers near or on any of the doors, so I guess that's why she stated her information like that.

I gently knocked on the door giving Benjamin the chance to answer the door in 30 seconds.

I waited for longer than those 30 seconds to knock again, followed by, "Benjamin, open the door!"

I didn't have as much patience, as I had thought.

I don't know why I had patience in the first place.

He doesn't mean anything to me. Sure, he's different than most, but he's still not important or special. Why did I keep putting him on this pedestal to be unique?