eight

Chapter 8

Drug Dealers.

~

Levi's POV

Benjamin was absolutely perfect.

There was nothing I could complain about. He did everything right. He knew which calls to forward to nobody, and which ones to give to me, without me telling him, and this is only part of it.

It was very infuriating, because I can't ever get mad at him. He never did anything wrong. I want to be mad at Benjamin for the sole purpose of making him feel bad for what he did. Call it cruel and sadistic, but he was annoyingly perfect.

He always came in early with whatever strange coffee order I demanded that day.

"Mr. Porter, you're last meeting of the day is here," the soft voice of Benjamin interrupted my thoughts.

"Send them in, then, if they are here," I grumbled, finally finding something he did somewhat wrong.

"Oh, um, yes Mr. Porter. I will remember for next time, I was just letting you know in advance, so you would be prepared." His already gentle voice lowered in volume, as his sentence went on.

"I don't need your pathetic reasoning, get out, now." he should be used to my mood, he's worked for me for 6 days, now.

Though the small smile he had, when he left showed me, he didn't care about my attitude. 

His lack of mood swings and heft of work ethic was showing me that maybe he could be a bit more mature than I thought a week ago. He has been incredibly on point for work, and he seemed to be abundantly less needy. 

I still haven't tried to make any moves on him, knowing I would probably make him quit if  I slept with him. Assuming he would sleep with me after I started making moves, I like to think he would.

Seconds later, Trysten Accardi came in with two of his goons. Trysten was just as tall as me with hazel eyes and dark skin. His body was much bulkier than mine, but I liked to keep the illusion that I was stronger. I wish I could say I didn't sleep with him, but I couldn't help but make him very bicurious one night a few years ago. 

Trysten was in formal wear, which was normal for him nowadays. I could remember when he wore wife beaters and jorts. He was definitely one of the men I could say I helped out because of my attraction towards him. 

"I wasn't expecting you. Why the fuck are you here?" I asked with a spiteful smile on my face.

Trysten is a known drug dealer, and the fact that he is here puts Benjamin and everybody else at risk. I say everyone, but mostly me and my reputation. 

"I want you to come tonight. From what I've heard, you used to come to every event in France," His deep New York accent made the declaration while sitting in the leather chair closest to my desk.

I knew exactly what he was talking about, but why would he want me to go?

"First of all I'm from England, and why do you want me there?"

"I told someone I had connections, and you are my only connection that owes me one. Plus, it's not like I'm making you do this for free. You'll get paid of course," He gently took a cigarette from his front pocket and lit it.

What the fuck is he thinking? I don't have an ash tray, where he is sitting, so there is no reason to fucking light a cigarette in my office.

"Put that out. This is a no-smoking zone, and you aren't going to do whatever you want. It's my territory, my rules, and I don't need money. I have much more than you," He looked surprised that I would talk to him like that, but he should know better. I don't do what others say, and I'm sure as hell not going to let people walk all over me. Especially, when I'm fucking Levi Porter.