thirteen

Chapter 13

Welcome to Langley

Levi's Point Of View

We were still laying down on the bed, the sun would be going down in New York, but with the way the timezones worked, our flight technically only took two hours, making it a nice late afternoon. The sun was shining through the windows that I never got around to closing. In fact, I hadn't moved at all from Benjamin's side. 

I could have, and perhaps, I should have. 

But I stayed in the bed with the emotional boy, asleep for the first five hours, but the past hour has been filled with conflicting thoughts. 

Like they always are whenever I am near this young man, but I did want to move away from him. I just couldn't. Anytime my mind was made up, and I moved the tiniest bit, Benjamin would groan in his sleep, or hug me even tighter. 

A part of me couldn't help, but question if he was really asleep. I have never seen a clingier sleeper in my life. There was no way he could sense anytime I tried to move, he was basically holding me, hostage, in the bed by the end of the flight. 

A very comfortable hostage. 

I jumped slightly, coming out of my thoughts when the intercom overhead dinged, "We will we be landing in about 10 minutes, sir." A robotic-sounding voice spoke through the speakers. 

My jump, nor the intercom going off encouraged Benjamin to wake up, despite him already sleeping ten hours last night, and another six just now. More proof of how he is manipulating my emotions, by making me cuddle with him, despite the probability of him being awake. 

With no other thought in mind, I quickly sat up on the bed, causing Benjamin to roll off the side of me, with a quiet thud. His eyes didn't immediately open like I was hoping, but it was more of a gradual awakening despite my jerky movements. 

His bright eyes immediately connected with mine, and he groggily sat up as well. 

"We should be landing soon," I told him as I removed myself from the bed, to go find the stewardess. 

She was sitting in the main cabin, on one of the couches playing on her phone. While I knew I could demean her for not being in the stewardess cabin, I just quickly told her, "Connect me with a car rental place for Langley Washington. I would prefer a small limo, fully stocked, please." 

Benjamin finally spoke up from behind me, meaning he followed me, "If you find a limo on this island, I will be very impressed." His voice was scratchy and thick. It wasn't his normal soft tone, it was much too thick with his abundance of supposed sleep. 

"I can do anything," I replied snarkily, The first thing he says to me after seven hours is something that questions me. Fuck that. I did this for him, and he's taking it for granted. I have half the mind of just leaving him here. I do not even want to be here, I would much rather be pursuing someone who actually would sleep with me without any of the drama that surrounds him and encaptures me just because of how attractive he is. 

*

The closest thing we got to a limo was some vintage car. When Benjamin saw my reaction to the car, he just gave me a smug little smirk. 

I fought the urge to roll my eyes in response. 

We didn't look at each other in the car, despite holding each other for the past six hours. 

The car ride was silent and supposedly quick, but it felt like forever. Driving through this very small town right off the coast, with no words except Benjamin giving me directions to wherever the fuck we were going.