[William Vangeance x Reader] ━ the birds and flowers on his tree ✽

— Word count: 5000+ words.

— Genre: makes you want to get married to William Vangeance. He's so soft asdjaskdjla.

The Clover Kingdom being one of the richest kingdom in the world has it's perks, and with it also comes it's drawbacks, which is the continuing attack from other kingdoms. Painfully aware of this fact, the Magic Emperor had set up multiple Magic Knight squads to counter any attack on the beloved Kingdom. One squad who is dutifully doing the job now is The Golden Dawn, and on top of a humongous tree is the squad leader, William Vangeance.

-

Being on top of the tree, William grew used to his lone time. It wasn't because he particularly liked people avoiding him, but his magic power is far too great for people to even dare step on one of his lower branches. But that's not the case for you.

The sudden growth of a tree full of life had enticed you wholeheartedly that you began to walk to the source of tree, looking up to find a masked man.

"What an unique power~" you said as you arrived at the branch where the masked man was standing.

His purple orbs stared at you while clearly keeping his guard up.

"What are you doing here? I believe you should join your allies." The masked man said.

"I belong to no one, and an ally of none. I was captured by the Kingdom that decides to raid yours, forced into battle."

"A single branch would not survive on it's own."

You pull your Grimoire, "I might not be alone though..." you said even though it's not true, because you are all alone.

In order to avoid any risk, the masked man quickly used his Grimoire to launch an attack, but that was quickly nullified by your magic, Flower Magic, where you can populate the tree branches with your flowers and therefore gaining control of the branch. 

"Impressive." the masked man said.

You were about to compliment his own magic but noticed the party you came with had decided to leave the Clover Kingdom. 'Damn it, they're leaving already? I think it's best that I am not captured in a different Kingdom, who knows what they'll do to me? '  you said to yourself.

In a mater of seconds, you created a rope of flowers that intertwines with the masked man's branches and found your way down to the ground. 

"Good bye, masked man. Maybe we will meet again~" 

and with that, you send a flower to his direction which he gracefully take and replies you with a mischievous grin. 

"And I will not let you escape the next time we meet." 

that was the masked man last words before you run off to the border of Clover Kingdom.

✦ —• time skip •— ✦

Several months have passed after the encounter and William still wander about the woman that he met in the tree he forge with his grimoire, something about her magic seems oddly familiar - he would say to himself whenever you took your place in his mind.

"William-sama?"

"William-sama?"

The callings of his subordinates startled him out of his daydream and he soon find a worried face staring at his own, "Forgive me for my lack of attention, Klaus. What is the matter?"