[WILLIAM VANGEANCE x Reader] ━ A LISTENER'S HEART✽

— Word count: roughly 3000+ words.

— Genre: makes you wanna sign up to become a magic knights captain just so you can steal glances at this masked beauty.

— Synopsis: Watch your shy-ass ruin every chance of impressing William Vangeance, but because he's such a sweetheart, he still adores your clumsiness JAJAJJAJAJA (im so bad at making synopsis guys bye)

— Warnings: I tried my best to portray a shy Captain but I'm not too sure if I did it quite well! : ( I googled shy people habits  and try to draw from personal experience and this is all I can come up with ;u; so sorry if it's a failed attempt! 

━ A LISTENER'S HEART✽ (WILLIAM VANGEANCE x READER)

He was always the Captain that everyone looked up to, the citizen, the magic knights and even amongst the captains, he is William Vangeance, captain of the Golden Dawn.

You're no exception, you always had puppy eyes whenever he sits across you on the Captains meeting. Of course you were careful to not let anyone know of your feelings, and he always had his focus on Julius and the meeting, always putting the Kingdom first, it was like the Kingdom was his own heart.

So it was surprising to see him, without the mask, scars running across his forehead and looking so fragile and small, sitting across you today.

While Julius was explaining the whole incident of the ELF attack, the future and the recoveries needed to be done, William suddenly stood and explained how grievous he felt about his involvement in the incident and how he asked to be relieved of his duties as a Captain,

'That can't be!' you thought to yourself, panic raising to your chest but a few other captains had suddenly stood and asked to be relieve of their duties too,

You didn't realize you were holding your breathe until relieve washed over you when Julius had explained that they all needed to stay in their position as Captains and do the best they can to help bring recovery to the Kingdom.

'I can still see him!' you exclaimed happily to yourself and smiled in your heart. You were in the dark about William's full involvement in the incident, but even if he is the main reason why our Kingdom was attacked, you can look past it and see the William who is the first to volunteer to any place that needs help, the William who is willing to listen and respect Julius's decision for the better of the whole Kingdom, the William who is strong not for his own selfish reasons, but for the safety of his comrades and the citizens. That is the William who made your heart flutter at every meeting, the one who made you unable to look at him in his purple eyes, the one who makes you hide behind Yami in every Captains meeting because of your nervousness.

Julius took a small cough to catch everyone's attention, "I have a mission for everyone, I need two captains to go check the dungeon at the outskirts of our village near the east. One will be William and the other?" he stopped, "Any volunteer?" he asked, and you could feel the pain in William's face when no Captain raised their hand because of their wariness of him after his supposed betrayal. "I'll g-" Yami raised his hand and so did Fuegoleon and Nozel but Julius seemed to thought of something else and smiled cheekily, "Thank you Captains, but now I have a better idea!" he smiled and turns to you, "Y/N-chan. You're awfully quiet today, I heard that you protected all the citizens while the other Captains fought the elves. Great job indeed!" he praises you and William had his eyes staring at you and that made you want to bury your face underneath the table, 'Please don't look at me like that, William!' you said to yourself while trying to keep your focus on Julius.