Chapter 8

In the next few days leading up to the full moon, Remus kept looking worse and worse. He was tired all the time, his skin took on a pale complexion, and he dragged himself through the day. Watching Remus get like this honestly broke Elsie's heart because he didn't deserve any of this, and that's why she found herself particularly grumpy on the day of the full moon.

"I'll kill him. I swear if I ever see that bastard I'd shove my foot so far up his arse that-," Elsie spoke while helping Remus walk to the Great Hall for breakfast.

The scarred boy cut her off while letting out a tired chuckle, "Els, you're 5 feet tall and can barely hold me up, yet you're planning on attacking Fenrir Greyback?"

Elsie puffed her chest up and pointed her finger at the boy, "Yes, exactly that! He'll have no idea what's coming for him, I'll teach him exactly what happens when he messes with my friends." She scowled and crossed her hands over her chest.

As they walked through the doors, Remus laughed at the girl, "You're very funny, Els. You're tiny foot wouldn't do any damage to Greyback."

"You won't be saying that when it's lodged up is arse and he's crying in pain," she aggressively said while walking over to the Gryffindor table, sitting down next to James.

"We're sticking what up whose arse?" James raised an eyebrow at the angry girl, shoving a piece of bacon in his mouth.

"Tibbles here thinks that she can singlehandedly take on Fenrir Greyback," Remus snickered, leaning his head droopily on his hand.

"Well, my money is on Tibbles," James started with a laugh, "She's bloody scary when she's mad."

Elsie playfully rolled her eyes and shot him a pointed look, "That's why you should stay on my good side."

Sirius, who just casually strolled in with Peter, sat down and questioned, "So Moony, you ready for tonight?"

"As ready as anyone can be for...well you know... my furry little problem," he whispered so that no one around them would hear him, looking down at the table sadly.

"Remmy?" Elsie asked while reaching over and grabbing his hand.

"Hmm," he looked up at her. "We're all here for you. We love you Moons, don't forget that" she genuinely smiled at the scar-faced boy.

Remus was beyond grateful for his friends, especially Elsie. She always knew the right things to say and when exactly to say them. He knew she would go to the ends of the earth for him, and he swore to himself that he'd do the same for her.

He shot her a smile back, "Thanks, Els. I love you too."

After the sweet moment between the two friends, the Marauders finished eating their breakfast and headed to their classes. Remus tried making it through all of his, but was too tired, and retired back to his dorm by the time his first class was over.

Elsie hated the fact that he'd have to spend most of his day locked up alone in his room, so she decided to skip her classes and visit him. She walked up the boy's dormitory stairs and knocked on the Marauders' door.

"Come in," a tired voice softly slipped out, "Just alohomora the door."

Elsie whispered the unlocking charm at the door, and slipped into the room. "Els? What are you doing here. Don't you have classes?"

"You're more important," she started with a warm smile, walking towards his bed, "Besides, I didn't want you to be alone all day. I brought chocolate!"

He looked at the small girl gratefully and gestured for her to come lay down next to him. Elsie placed the chocolate bar on his night stand, and slipped under the covers next to him while snuggling into him. They stayed like that for a while, knowing that neither of them found this awkward or uncomfortable.