Chapter 21

The next Sunday came around and all anyone could talk about was the first Quidditch match that was to take place between Gryffindor and Slytherin. The two rival houses were always going at each other, but when it came to Quidditch, it was always worse. On the day of a Slytherin vs. Gryffindor game the tension within the Great Hall could be felt by every person in the castle. It was the game that was looked forward to for the entire season, and this year it just so happened to be the first game.

James, Elsie, and Marlene found themselves in the Gryffindor locker room right before the match was about to start.

"Listen up everyone!" James shouted throughout the room, catching the attention of the entire Gryffindor team. The team huddled up around him, waiting for their captain to speak to them.

"Alright, I know it's our first game and it's against those bloody snakes, but don't let that intimidate you, "James began giving his pre-game pep talk, "We go out there and give it our all, no matter what. We have practiced long and hard for this day, and I believe that we are beyond prepared for this game. We have the speed, talent, and our team bond is impeccable."

"Yeah, well clearly some people get along better than others," Rory whispered to Elsie with a smirk, earning a glare from James. Elsie snorted at the boy's comment that referred to the incident between him and James.

"Alright, well let's go out there and show those snakes what it means to be Gryffindor," James smiled encouragingly at his teammates before wrapping an arm around Elsie's shoulder and leading the team out to the field.

"Aaaanddddd, here the come. The most talented, skilled, and dare I say hottest Quidditch team at Hogwarts...," Sirius shouts into the announcer's microphone.

"Mr. Black, please keep your comments appropriate,"  Professor McGonagall reprimanded from the seat next to Sirius.

"Sorry, Minnie. But, come on look at them. Elsie is hotter than all of the teams combined," he said out loud for all to hear.

"Mr. Black! You are supposed to be commentating on the game, not using the microphone to flirt with Ms. Figg!" She pointed an authoritative finger at the boy. "Fine, fine, as you wish Minnie," he responded with a wink.

Elsie was giggling at her friend's comments, as both James and Marlene playfully rolled their eyes at him. They all hopped on their brooms and ascended into the air.

James and the Slytherin captain, Lucinda Talkalot, met by Madam Hooch so they could initiate the game.

"Alright, captains shake hands. I want a fair and clean game between the both of you," Madam Hooch explained to both captains. Lucinda's hand came crashing forwards, shaking James' with force as the two glared at each other.

However, Elsie didn't notice this because she was in her own stare off with the Slytherin beater Mulciber. Everyone knew that Elsie was practically untouchable in school due to the protection of the rest of the Marauders, so Mulciber used Quidditch to his advantage. He detested the girl ever since she faked out a bludger that he sent, causing it to spiral backwards and hit himself. It was embarrassing, even if it was back in second year. Ever since then, he made it his mission to do his worst to her on the Quidditch field because it was the only time he could get to her.

Elsie and Mulciber were glaring at each other, not daring to look away in weakness, when a nasty snarl formed on his face.

"Your boys can't protect you now," Mulciber said through a devilish smirk to Elsie who was flying right in front of him.

Elsie let out a sarcastic laugh while her eyes narrowed at the boy, "Why would I need protection from someone who hits themself with their own bludger?"