𝙩𝙬𝙤

y/n had been expecting moving away from her mom and her multiple friends but the reality of it was a little more unnerving. the majority of her room was now packed away in boxes being loaded into the moving van. the chattering of the moving guys and her mom along with the humming of van, the giggles and screams of the twins that lived across the street.

y/n had lived here for so long, grew up here and now she would move. it was bittersweet but the giddiness that bubbled at the bottom of her stomach was a reminder that she would be pursuing what she wanted to.

"y/n, hurry up in there! we need to leave soon to avoid traffic." y/n's mom called from downstairs.

a quick movie-esque glance around the room and a soft sigh later, y/n hops down the stairs and joins her mother in the moving van.

for a moment, it's quiet and y/n turns to face her mother. when their eyes meet, her mom is already looking at her.

"what is it, mom?" y/n asks, breaking the silence.

her mom stares at y/n for a moment, a fond look occupying her face. her mom turns away from y/n and releases the van's brakes and they were moving.

"i'm so proud of you."

a laugh rose up out of y/n's throat,"thank you, mom."

her guilt manifested as rosey cheeks to remind y/n that she was lying to her mother and she could only think about how heartbroken, or even worse, how disappointed her mom would be.

one long car ride of terrible singing and a few snack/bathroom breaks later, y/n and her mother had pulled into the parking lot where multiple students were checking in and walking around. y/n turned away from her mother to look out her window, in awe of Yuuei's gorgeous campus.

~

a/n: i don't really know what i'm doing in terms of first day and classes like previously mentioned,, but yeah please bare w me!! yes,, shinso about to be introduced and more actually plot will start but for right now i just wanna set the atmosphere ig?? but yeah,, thanks again ! :))