𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"mina!" was the first thing i shouted when i got back to my apartment.

"what?" the girl shouted back, poking her head out of her room.

"oh my god, mina!" i exclaimed, needing to shout.

"what?" mina laughed, entertained.

"i don't know." i huffed and took a deep breathe. "are you free right now?"

"i'm about to redye my hair, you want to talk?" she offered and i nodded my head rapidly.

"okay, come in."

-

i explained to mina what had happened with shinso, laying on her bed and watching her dye her hair in her bathroom.

mina was wearing a stained white shirt and small black shorts, and even now, there was still an undeniable beauty to her.

"oh jeez, is he okay now?" mina asked, dipping her brush into a tray of dye.

"mmm, yeah. he said he's better and taking medication for it."

"that's good."

i agreed. and then i thought about what he had offered.

"what are you doing for your break, mina?" i inquired.

"for break? i'm going to go to visit my parents and then after that, my sisters! what about you?"

"oh, i think i might go home. visit my mom and such." i answered, hopping off her bed and wandering into her bathroom.

i sat on the toilet seat and peered up at mina, she glanced over at me. "and what's shinso doing?"

the tips of my ears flushed, "he said he might go home too."

"aww, that's good to hear."

"yeah," i shifted, "and he-"

i bit my lip, nervous about telling mina. not because of mina or anything, but because i was still processing it myself.

mina raised an eyebrow. "he?"

"he suggested, i think, for us to go together."

"shut. up."

"what?"

mina bounded up and down. "are you for real?! ahh! oh my god, this is, like, wow."

mina seemed more at lost for words than i did. "are you serious? how? tell me!"

"i don't know, he said something about saving gas or something." i pulled my knees to rest on the toilet, hugging them to my chest.

"so? are you going to go?"

"i told him i'd think about it, but, don't you think he was just joking?" i shrugged off my hoodie, the small bathroom was getting too warm.

"i don't know, y/n. he seems to be trying, you know? maybe you should go with him, if it's something you genuinely want to do." mina provided, coming through with solid advice.

"i think i want to." i admitted, burying my face into my knees.

"then go."

i nodded my head.

"okay, well can you help me get the back?" mina held the brush out to me. i got up and did just that.

after that, i helped mina wash her hair, holding the shower head for her. i watched the pink water go down the drain and had a realization.

shinso and i didn't mention what happened at the party. we didn't even talk about it at all.