𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

"okay, we're going to be great!"

"remember to move back after the second chorus."

"we'll go buy pizza after this!"

"you're buying, though."

the chattering backstage was always comforting, some people were nervous while others were ready to take the stage.

i was busying myself with applying my stage makeup and marking the steps of the routine in my head to the music playing in my earbuds.

touching up the blush on my cheeks, i watched the other girls in the dressing room through the mirror.

mina was in the one next door, being separated by the genre of dance we were performing.

i saw a stage manager pop in and i pulled one of my buds out.

"alright, act 12, come out. act 13 please be on stand-by, two dances until you're on."

with one last look in the mirror, i stood up and shook off some nerves. i had already stretched and all that was left was our dance to be called.

"you ready, y/n?" an orange haired girl in my group asked.

"yeah, just a little bit nervous." i replied with sheepish smile.

her laugh twinkled, "yeah, me too. but we'll be good right?"

"absolutely."

-

"y/n! you did so great! i managed to catch your performance from the front." mina greeted me after the show.

"mina! you were good too, i only saw you from the side on stage but i knew how great you were doing."

mina engulfed me in a sweaty hug, but as i was equally sweaty, i returned it.

"let's go meet up with the boys? i think they said they would meet us in the lobby." mina said as she interlocked our elbows and led the way.

we left the dark theatre seating and emerged into the brightly lit lobby. there were multiple performers along with their invited audience crowding up the small hallway.

we pushed through, apologizing as we nudged others, and looked for the gang of dorks who came to watch us.

"y/n! mina!" a chorus of voices called for us.

it was denki, hanta and eijiro.

"hey! woah, sorry i'm kinda sweaty." i backed up a bit before they hugged me anyways.

"it's nothing, y/n. great job, though!" denki cleared up.

"yeah, memorizing choreography! and mina, you practically made the show about you." hanta added, having his turn at a hug.

eijiro then hugged both mina and i at the same time. "i'm so proud of you, guys! uber-manly to perform."

"where's katsuki?" mina asked, pointing out the missing blond.

"oh, he saw someone i think, wanted to catch up or something."

"oh, nice. anyways, i'm super hungry! should we go buy something?" mina rubbed her stomach.

"oooh, yes, let's go to that one noodle shop." denki clapped his hands.

before i got a chance to agree, i heard my name being called out.

when i turned, i saw shinsou.

"hey, l/n, i saw your performance. you did good, guess that time in the studio paid off, no?"