𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

y/n had told mina that she would call shinso, but she never mentioned when, so she went until wednesday of the following week without calling him.

she would've called earlier but the fear of not knowing what she had done at the party ate away at her. she was finally able to turn in her project, a few days early but eager to put this past her and in hope for things to go back to normal.

but after being scolded by mina, y/n decided to finally call him.

-

i had to build up the courage in order to dial the number and once i did, i crossed my fingers in hopes he wouldn't pick up. i pressed the little phone icon and pressed my phone to my ear.

a first ring.

'don't pick up, don't pick up.'

a second ring.

'don't pick up, don't pick up.'

a third ri-

"hello?" voice soft, relieved at the other end.

i held my breath but answered. "hi."

"hey."

'fuck, this is awkard.'

"are you feeling better?"

"huh?"

"from the party?"

"oh. oh, yeah. i don't remember much but yeah, i'm better."

"oh." he seemed to deflate.
"that's good."

"yeah."

the tension between us was the thickest it had ever been. even in high school, it wasn't this bad.

"um, i turned my photos in."

"oh, that's good."

"yeah."

...

"look, i'm not sure what i had said at the party because i don't remember much. i honestly don't even remember dancing with you or whatever.."

i took a deep breath. "but i want us to move past this...if that's okay with you."

shinso sighed. "yeah, of course."

"okay."

"i want to.. i want to explain what happened last week, though."

"it's okay, you don't have t-"

"i know, but i want to."

"okay."

"let's meet tomorrow?"

"tomorrow? that's a thursday, though?"

"yeah? are you not free?"

"oh, no, i am. but... we usually meet on saturday's or wednesday's."

"well, we could meet on saturday, if you want."

"oh! no! no.. thursday's good."

"okay."

"okay."

"bye."

"bye."

-

the call had made me feel itchy, my skin felt out of place and i wanted to just sleep through thursday. shinso and i had made progress since high school, we weren't down each other's throats anymore but whatever i had done at the party had definitely made him uncomfortable.