𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

"you talk in your sleep, you know?"

-

it was early in the morning. i had beat the sun in rising which only made the cool, fall air more apparent.

sore from the demanding practice mistress kayama had put us through, i winced getting out of my car, thighs aching in protest. mina had been craving pie for some reason and ordered me out of the house to get some for her.

the jingle of the bell above my head, like always, announced my arrival to the little coffee shop i was becoming well acquainted with. someone new was at the cash register.

an attractive boy with pure white hair was flicking through a baking magazine disinterestedly.

"hello," i greeted, warily.

"good morning, it's quite early. how can i help you?"

"right, can i have two slices of your lemon meringue pie to go? and a blueberry muffin for here?" as i ordered, i peered at the boy's name tag.

touya

hmm, the name sounded familiar but the boy's looks were harder to place.

"pie will be ready in about 10 minutes, is that fine?" i nodded, paid the boy and he wrapped the muffin for me.

"thank you," i took the baked confection and wandered off to a booth.

i pulled my phone out to scroll through social media while breaking off a piece of the muffin. a notification to a group chat i was in with mina and the boys popped up, denki had sent a link to some random youtube video. swiping the notification away, i closed my phone and placed it on the table.

a coffee cup was placed in front of me and was followed by a tired looking shinsou sitting across from me. i smiled softly, thinking back to the first time shinsou and i met up in the shop.

"good morning," he greeted, running a hand through his hair and making it messier than it already was.

i reached over to pat down some stray hairs before shinsou caught my hand. i felt heat rise to my cheeks as he pressed a quick kiss into my palm.

i pulled my hand back lightly, "you feeling okay?"

shinsou sighed quietly and took a moment before responding. "yeah, just tired."

he rested his chin on his hand, eyes drooping closed for a second.

"when was the last time you slept?"

he glanced to the side before glancing back at me. "i took a nap yesterday but i ended up pulling an all-nighter last night."

"is it getting bad again? your sleeping disorder?"

"nah, it's not that bad, i have it under control. for now."

i gnawed at my lip, unsure of what to say. collecting myself, i asked another question.

"have you been taking your medication?"

shinsou nodded.

"but hey," the boy leaned back in the booth, "don't worry your pretty little head about me, okay? i'll let you know if it gets bad and then we can do something about it together, sound good?"

"yeah, yes. that sounds good." i agreed, glad he felt comfortable enough coming to me with something so personal.

"good," he parroted back, looking smug.

"you think i'm pretty?"

his smile fumbled and it was his turn to blush. "i mean, well, i thought.. was it not obvious?"