44 | Dad

The Shelby family was finally together after so long scattered across England

The Shelby family was finally together after so long scattered across England. Fawn stood behind the couch Tommy sat on in order to hear Lizzie. Bonnie was beside Fawn talking to Isiah. There was music playing on a record player as conversations could be heard all over the sitting room.

"Well, I think it's nice that you invited more than just family," Lizzie comments.

"I think that was aunt Pol," Fawnie butts in, interrupting Tommy's response. But he nods in agreement with Fawn, knowing all too well it was Polly who invited one half of the Gold duo.

"It was you who brought him along, no?" Tommy said aloud, not really asking Fawn.

Fawn rolled her eyes at him, "Same difference, he's the only reason I even came."

Lizzie smirked as the pair stared each other down calmly. "Alright, calm down, no fights tonight."

Someone turned the music off as Tommy stood up to address the group, "Nice, hey!" Fawn found herself leaning into Bonnie's side as her father began to speak.

He cleared his throat, drink in hand, "Listen up, Um, Before we go and eat, I'd like to say a few words. Last time we were all here, it ended badly."

"Yea," Arthur mumbled and Fawn felt a grimace grow on her face.

Tommy looked at Fawnie for a second before staring into his glass, "And now, we're in a happier place." Their eyes met once again, she didn't understand why he kept looking toward her. Maybe for some safety? In case he fucked this up too? "I've also got something to tell you all, about the family..."

The silence felt louder than ever as Thomas beckoned Fawn toward him. She glanced at Bonnie for some kind of reassurance and he offered a squeeze of her hand before nodding toward Tommy. God, why'd Tommy have to rope me in too?

"It was recently revealed that uh... Fawnie and I aren't so different after all. We've never been close, she loved John far too much to save room for everyone else." His siblings chuckled at the thought of how much Fawnie adored John Shelby. "And I know we've always loved little Fawnie Rose, I'd say a bit too much from the looks of it," Tommy joked awkwardly before coughing loudly.

"What I wanted to say is that--"

Fawnie cut him off, wanting to end the awkward silence and get over the fact that he was her father, "Tommy's my dad... and aunt Polly knew all this time, never said a word." The glass in Finn's hand fell onto the rug, somehow, not breaking. He looked as pale as a corpse.

"What the actual fuck?" He asked loudly which made Fawnie snort. Finn stared at her with wide eyes. "Nobody tells me shite, don't fucking laugh at me!"

"I'm sorry-- it's not funny but wasn't it obvious?" She asks everyone, "We're practically the same person, but I'm just less of an arsehole." This makes Ada laugh before Polly sighs at Fawnie's casual announcement.