09 | Killed a Man

The yawn that escaped Fawn's lips was long and loud, Lizzie gave Fawn an amused smirk to which Fawnie just sighed tiredly

The yawn that escaped Fawn's lips was long and loud, Lizzie gave Fawn an amused smirk to which Fawnie just sighed tiredly. It was hardly daybreak when Thomas woke Fawnie with the news that she would be getting a real position at Shelby Company Limited and she had yet to receive any news. She's just been waiting for Tom to be free so she can get into the office, sign a stupid contract, and be on her melancholy way.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Fawnie practically whined as she slid down the chair so her arms were the only thing holding her up from the floor.

Lizzie shrugged, "May Carleton." 

Strangely enough, Fawn recognized the name. "The horse lady?" Another shrug from Lizzie, "She takes care of my Jerome... fast bastard." By then, Fawn was just mumbling whatever came to mind. "Could you wake me when Thomas comes out? I hardly slept last night."

"Sure, just don't drool on the leather." 

━━━━

A hand pushed Fawnie's arm and she shook her head in her sleep, "Fawnie, get up, we've got to go." Her eyebrows furrowed as she rolled over and opened her eyes, Thomas stood above her with a stoic expression. She tried to find any bit of emotion in his eyes but to no avail. 

"Go?" Tom nodded, "Where? I thought I was to sign some contract then go to the den?" 

"Nope, we're going to King Maine's." Thomas leaned down to help Fawn up, "Up you go then," He hauled her by her armpits and once Fawn could sit up, she pushed his hands away. 

"I can stand meself, Thomas." Fawn glanced around the reception area and when she found it was empty, she gave Tom a perplexed look, "Where's Lizzie?" 

His jaw tensed for a moment, "She's on lunch." Fawnie nodded and pushed herself up to stand, she covered her mouth when a yawn managed to escape. "Why have you been so disrespectful lately?"

The question makes Fawnie shake her head wordlessly, "The fact that you can't put two and two together is what makes my anger justifiable." Fawn patted Thomas' shoulder, "We aren't going to talk and makeup, big brother. It takes more work to gain my trust once more. You should know that." She turned away from him and made her way to the door, "Why're you just standing there? Haven't you got to go?" 

Even though Fawnie did not want to go to King Maine's gym, she knew it was better to just go silently than argue with Thomas. Among the aforementioned physical similarities, Fawnie's just as stubborn as Thomas Shelby — if not more so.

━━━━

The smell of sweat and blood hit Fawn like a sharp slap to the face. It reminded her of the paint shop and how she couldn't tell what parts of the red that covered her were blood or paint. Her scalp still held a crimson tint if Fawnie looked hard enough... the pain she went through when trying to scrub the murder and car paint from her skin was excruciating.