51 | Two Mums

Nobody knew what happened in the office between Fawnie and Thomas–save for Bonnie of course

Nobody knew what happened in the office between Fawnie and Thomas–save for Bonnie of course. The only indicator that something had gone awry had been Fawn's absence from Arrow House. She'd only come by to see Charlie now. Just as Tommy said he had an obligation to Lizzie; Fawn had an obligation to her little brother.

She wanted him to know the same love of having siblings as she did. And little Charles was such a sweet boy it was quite easy to spend time with him.

Whenever she wasn't with her brother she'd be with Bonnie and his family. They knew about their plans to marry and were already helping plan the event despite the date being months away. Fawnie reached out to Linda like she promised but made her aunt promise to not make it a traditional Christian affair and to let Bonnie's family help.

Linda reluctantly agreed after Fawn reminded her that Linda was lucky to be in the know at all.

It was kind of beautiful seeing the families work together; even if there was some tension. But the Gold's were kind people and even if the Shelby's got under their skin, they dealt with it for their Bonnie boy. Fawn loved that about them.

They were so selfless compared to her family. Most of which would rather not help at all. (those being the men, that is). Every woman in her family wanted to help. Fawnie felt incredibly loved every time they'd ask about it. Victoria even wanted to help—that made her cry to Bon about how glad she was that she found Victoria.

He just smiled and hugged her, Bonnie always knew how to respond to Fawn. Everything was coming together perfectly.

Lizzie and Tommy married in March, it was hastily planned but so gorgeous nonetheless. Despite her age, Fawnie was the flower girl with Charlie as the ring bearer. Bonnie even stood in as a groomsman. The family's long time friend, Jeremiah Jesus married Lizzie and Thomas that afternoon.

A few people cried. Arthur cried enough for both families though, he was crying as Lizzie walked down the aisle and into the reception too. Fawnie realized how emotional her uncle was that day. He really couldn't keep himself inside like Tommy did.

The entire day felt like a breath of relief for Fawnie, she found herself happy to call Lizzie her step mum. As they celebrated the union, Fawn, Finn, Isiah, and Bonnie ran off to get high in the yard again. It was like a tradition for them to fuck off at family functions.

Esme never showed up, but Johnny Dogs said she sent her regards; that stung Fawn. She missed her aunt terribly... it was obvious Tommy felt a bit disrespected but he didn't mention it.

He seemed to smiled for the first time that day, Fawnie couldn't tell if it was because he was smug about having married Lizzie due to the pregnancy or if he was genuinely happy. Regardless, it was a beautiful affair.

━━━━

Seeing Victoria talking with her new stepmum was jarring for Fawnie. It was like two worlds colliding before her eyes, but the women didn't argue, not one bit. If anything, it's like Lizzie was glad Victoria even came at all.