53 | Ruby Rose Shelby

Little baby Ruby was born with no complications, Fawnie loved having another baby to dote on

Little baby Ruby was born with no complications, Fawnie loved having another baby to dote on. Charlie was a bit of a hassle because he was very fond of his bottle but Ruby was a sweetheart from the moment she was born. Fawn was even allowed in the room while Lizzie gave birth. It was quite horrifying but certainly educational.

Polly helped deliver the child and was the first to hold Ruby, the Shelby matriarch blessed the baby with just one touch and passed her off to her mother. It was beautiful seeing how Polly birthed children, she was sweet and efficient.

Fawnie wondered if her aunt would ever help her deliver any children. She shook the thought away with a smile, knowing she was far too young for any kids. Some petty part of her thought of her parents and their situation. Fawn would never do that to any child.

They would be raised by two parents and be raised right. Polly didn't fuck about when it came to raising strong young women. Pol may have lost two along the way but Fawn could confidently attest to how well she was raised.

━━━━

"Ruby Rose Shelby?" Fawnie wanted her to have the same middle name, "Oh don't give me that look, Tommy, it's cute." She held the newborn in her arms carefully. "I think it suits her right."

Lizzie sat on the couch, clearly amused with their back and forth.

"We're not naming the baby after you, Fawnie Rose," Tommy said her name in a mocking tone and she gaped at him dramatically. "Ruby Ann." He said.

"Ew, that's quite boring. And Ada is Ada Annie so that's not fair." Fawn paused, thinking. "Maybe we can call her Ruby Winifred? Or... Ruby Jean?" It was harder than Fawnie realized to come up with a good middle name, "Lizzie have you any thoughts?"

"Yea, I was thinking fuck the middle name altogether."

Thomas breathed out a laugh, "Ruby Shelby is quite good already."

His daughter rolled her eyes, "Ruby Shelby lacks flair, that's why it should be Ruby Heart Shelby?"

"No."

Fawnie huffed, "Fine. Have a basic two-name baby." Her tone was light but Tommy glared at her nonetheless, "I'm kidding–mostly." She added after Lizzie finally had the baby in her arms. "Oi! Stop glaring at me like that god." His gaze quite literally unnerved Fawnie as she cringed from the eye contact.

That seemed to be funny to Tommy as he had a sly smirk on his face, "Tommy she's gonna kill you if you keep taking the piss." Lizzie warned, knowing exactly how Fawn would react to his antics.

"I'd love to see Fawnie try."

She gaped at him once more–actually surprised this time. "You are a bastard!" She said slowly, too stunned to really react. "I'm gonna kill you." Fawnie ran toward Tommy but he was surprisingly quick as he jumped out of the way.

"I know I said I'd love to see you try but I didn't mean that."

Fawnie shook her head, "Nope, it's your time old man, just let death's sweet embrace choke you out." The couch separates the two, with Lizzie holding little Ruby in her arms, now glaring at the pair. "I'll jump over the couch."

He snorted, "And do what? Fall on your fucking face?"

"I hate you!" Fawnie climbed over the couch and Thomas used her clumsiness to exit the library. She did indeed trip and almost fell on her face. Instead of chasing after him, she fell onto the couch. "He's in a good mood for once."

Lizzie laughed, "Yea he is. It's strange seeing him all happy, to be honest."

Fawn agreed with a nod, "It's weirder for me, he's mostly been a dick to me until like... the last year or so. Although, he was the most dickish right after John died." The words were out before she processed them and somehow... Fawn didn't flinch or anything. It felt... bittersweet to just say them. But a part of her was proud of her progress.

"He really was, wasn't he? Sorry I didn't do much to help in that department."

"Oh it's not your fault at all, I just think he's built to be a cunt. Maybe Ruby will change him... maybe your marriage will make him a better man. I'm not too concerned, so long as he's decent; I'm honestly fine."

Lizzie looked at Fawnie funny, "That's the first time I've heard you accept his nature."

She shrugged in response. "I've kind of given up. Plus I'm going away soon—so." Another shrug. "Goddamnit I forgot to ask Polly for help with the–" Fawnie paused, "Do you wanna help with a wedding?" She said the words so fast even Fawnie hardly understood herself.

"Wedding? What bloody wedding?" Her cheeks turned red in response and Lizzie's face lit up with understanding, "My god it's happening isn't it?" Fawnie nodded, "I'd love to help, darling."

"Thank you, Lizzie," She went in for a hug before drawing back, "I'd hug you but I'd rather not crush my baby sister."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

GAH!!! I know Tommy acting a fool might be OOC but personally I really think Ruby changed him for the better. (nobody comment S6 spoilers!)  Also Fawnie thinking about having children then shutting herself down is SOO Fawnie of her LMAO The story is almost over 2 more chapters & an epilogue! Please leave comments, it means the world. Thank you all for 195k reads (WTF)