35 | I'll Cut You

Fawnie was sitting on the edge of her seat as she watched Bonnie get pummeled

Fawnie was sitting on the edge of her seat as she watched Bonnie get pummeled. With every punch, she winced and cringed. She was well aware that the fight was fixed and that Bonnie was going to win, but it still felt wrong to watch him get his arse handed to him. "I'm goin' to the loo, you coming?" Ada's voice was hard to hear, but Fawnie nodded nonetheless.

The Shelby ladies entered the bathroom, Polly, and Lizzie already inside. "Pol, this fight is fixed, isn't it?" Ada sat her purse on the counter while Fawnie busied herself with the red color on her lips. "Poor boy is getting battered out there. Right. You said you have some news?" Fawnie's eyes widened as she turned around to stare at Polly.

Polly rolled her eyes at Fawnie, "Lizzie has some news." Pol emphasized Lizzie and a quiet exhale left Fawnie's lips as she pocketed her lipstick.

Lizzie scoffed at the older woman, "Polly," She sighed.

"Well, tell her. Now. While the men are screaming for blood. Have a swig. You're gonna need it." Pol handed Ada a large bottle of gin (Tommy's gin in fact).

All eyes were on Lizzie as the black-haired lady sighed loudly as she stared at the ceiling. "I'm up the duff." She paused for a moment, "And it's Tommy's." Lizzie turned around and leaned against the counter with her cigarette in hand.

Upon hearing that, Fawnie's mouth grew dry. She covered her mouth with her hand and tried to control her surprise. "How far gone are you?" Ada asked before giving Fawnie a weird look, Fawn covered up her surprise with a fake smile.

"If I were going to London I'd be in Coventry." In her head, Fawnie tried to work out how far along that would be.

Ada handed the bottle of gin back to Pol before speaking, "And are you carrying on past Coventry?"

A smile grew on Lizzie's face, "All the way to fucking Piccadilly Circus." She took a drag from her cigarette.

"You found out whether she's having a boy or a girl, Pol?" Polly shook her head, "Go on then."

Fawnie felt a bit thick just staring at the wall like an idiot, but what could she say? 'Guess you're my new mum now, Lizzie!' No! Of course not, Fawnie couldn't say a damn word even if she wanted to because she had no clue what could be said.

Polly agreed and walked over to Lizzie before feeling the younger woman's breast. Fawnie knew her aunt was capable of a lot of things– guessing the sex of a baby being one of them –but Fawnie had hardly ever seen Pol in action.

The women giggled at the sight, "It's a girl." Polly grinned up at Lizzie, "Call her Ruby. Ruby Shelby. She'll be a star in a Hollywood movie."

Ada turned away from the mirror with a bright smile and opened her arms, "Congratulations." Fawnie followed suit – despite her surprise and hugged Ada's side as the four women leaned on each other.

The door opened and Linda entered as she was greeted with four smiles. "Hey, Linda. Welcome to the extraordinary general meeting of the Shelby ladies club." Polly said with a laugh.

A scowl adorned Linda's face as Fawnie pulled away from the others to slide her purse over her shoulder. "Is there spit on my back?" Linda questioned while looking in the mirror. "There were men out there spitting. It's fucking disgusting." Fawn could feel the light-hearted mood immediately dissipate upon the entrance of Linda.

"No, there's no spit on your back." Polly said and Linda looked up with a small bottle of snow in her hand, "Don't let us stop you doing what you came in to do."

"What? It's helped me get through the fucking nightmare of being stuck in this city." Linda's sour tone made Fawn's nose scrunch up in annoyance. Sure, Fawnie hated Small Heath as much as the next gal, but she was never one to be such a bitch about it.

Polly handed Linda a one-pound note as the blonde spread out the white powder, "Well, since you're here and you're almost family, Lizzie's got some news."

"I'm pregnant."

"And who's the father, have you managed to narrow it down?" Linda asked rudely and it made Fawnie want to slap the woman's face off.

Lizzie and Fawn gave each other a knowing look as Linda snorted up the cocaine loudly. "Yes, it's Tommy."

"Congratulations. You've won the raffle at last."

"Fuck off, Linda." Fawnie spat out bitterly.

A surprised look crossed over Linda's face as she smirked at Fawn before laughing, "Finally got the bollocks to say something to me, then eh?"

Fawnie was across the bathroom in less than a second, ready to punch Linda but alas, Ada and Lizzie were holding the youngest woman back. "Don't do anything you'll regret, love," Ada advised but Fawn just shrugged her hand off.

"I'm certain I wouldn't regret putting Linda in her place. She's been nothing but rude since she got here." Fawnie snapped, eyes as cold as the icy water of the cut. "I'm done dealing with her shite." Fawnie turned to look at Linda, her blue eyes burning with anger. "Say another word and I'll cut you."

For the first time since the Shelbys got to Birmingham, Linda didn't have anything to say to Fawnie as the young woman left the bathroom in a rage.

Fawnie focused on breathing and just making it back to her seat, but a group of men were in her way. She cursed under her breath but could luckily see the ring from where she was.

Goliath and Bonnie stared at one another, blood covered the entire half of Bonnie's face that Fawnie could see but yet... the young man looked so smug. It made Fawnie shake her head at him even though he couldn't see her. Good job, Bonnie. Fawnie thought.

"Get out my bloody way or I'll have the Peaky Blinders on your arses!" She exclaimed loudly and surprisingly, the men listened and like Moses with the Red sea, Fawnie Shelby found a path made for her to see Bonnie in his corner of the ring.

"You still in control, Bonnie?" Aberama was holding onto the ropes when Fawnie finally made it. Bonnie turned to look at his dad and nodded, "Then take him," Bonnie nodded again before glancing at Fawnie.

"You've got this, Bon. I believe in you!" She shouted loud enough for Bonnie to hear. Fawnie kissed her hand and reached up for Bon's glove, he pressed it against her palm. "Fuck him up."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Lmao not Fawnie threatening to cut two people in ONE night. As always, thank you lot for so much support and 36k reads!! I apologize for the lack of updates but school has been a bit of a hassle lately. Luckily I'm on holiday now so I hope to write a few more chapters before I return to school!