38. Theodore Nott

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT;

THEODORE NOTT

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache
A boy like no other, perhaps – yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, young Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggleborn Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in life already littered with personal loss.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival of Bulgarian Seeker Viktor Krum, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays.

Harry, however oblivious the boy is, must have noticed his girl drifting towards his foreign competition, and decided to make Miss Granger as jealous as he by asking her best friend, Cassidy Lupin, to the Yule Ball [ long standing Triwizard Tournament tradition ].

Miss Lupin is well-known amongst her classmates, despite her late arrival to Hogwarts; in case you are unaware of her story, she only became enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the fall of 1993. She's particularly skilled at Divination, says Professor [claimed Seer] Trelawney. Miss Lupin has a dark aura surrounding herself, however much she tries to conceal it, and it is obvious that she is hiding something from her dear classmates. Perhaps it could be the fact that her father* is a werewolf? Or does it lie deeper than the lycanthropic liar?

It went on, but Cassie's cheeks burned too hot for her to focus on the newspaper. Hermione, despite how Rita had written her out to be, was snorting with laughter and claiming Rita could've done better. Harry seemed absolutely mortified, which was unusual.

"She said I only asked Cassie to make Hermione jealous," he said, his eyebrows furrowed as he skimmed the article again. "Which isn't true, I– I wanted to go with Cassie of my own accord!"

"It's alright Harry," said Hermione, calming herself from her fit of laughter, "you didn't even make me jealous."

Cassie still had her eyes on the article and was gripping it so tightly that her knuckles turned white. Rita knew. She knew that Cassie was not who she said she was. She knew Cassie's real father. Cass skimmed the rest of the article to see if she'd explicitly said the words "Sirius Black", but there was nothing about the mass murderer. She exhaled a small sigh of relief.

Potions couldn't have been more of a nightmare than it was that day.

"Reading magazines under the table, are we?" Snape's dull voice said from behind the Cassie, Hermione, Ron, and Harry. He snatched up Witch Weekly and his black eyes fell on Rita Skeeter's article. He quirked a brow. "Ah, I suppose Potter does have to keep up with his press cuttings.."

He began to read the article aloud. If Cassie thought the voice in her head had made it sound bad, Snape's jeering and the Slytherin's laughter easily made it ten times worse.

  "Well, ten points from Gryffindor. Each," said Snape after he'd finished reciting the article, an evil smile on his thin lips, "and I think I had better separate you four, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over by Miss Parkinson. Potter, the table in front of my desk, and Miss Lupin, next to Nott. Move. Now."