5. The Past Unveils

chapter 05 / the past unveils

                             THE GRYFFINDORS IMMEDIATELY BROKE INTO PANICKED WHISPERS, but Professor Dumbledore swiftly ordered them back down to the Great Hall. Harry and Cassie crept behind, lingering along with the professors, hoping to get even a pinch of information from Dumbledore or Mcgonagall. Their plan was foiled the moment Mcgonagall's sharp eyes landed on the pair.

     "No, I'm afraid we professors must deal with this!" she said, in a much more frantic voice than Cassie thought she intended. "Please, down to the Great Hall with the rest of your friends—"

   Cassie raised her voice to match Mcgonagall's urgent to e. "But, Professor, please—"

     "Down!"

     Reluctantly, Harry and Cassie nodded their heads and followed the rest of the Gryffindors to the Great Hall; where they were soon joined by the Hufflepuffs, then the Ravenclaws, and lastly, the Slytherins. A familiar mop of messy brown hair caught Cassie's attention, and she slipped away from Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

     "Atticus!" she called, and the Ravenclaw turned his head. Despite all the hubbub going on, he still wore an exuberant grin on his face when he saw her.

     "Why, hello," he greeted with a nod, moving to sit on a padded cushion by the wall. "Alright there, Cassidy?"

     "Never better," she said, taking a seat next to him. She pursed her lips, then allowed her eyes to travel over to her friends. "I'm a bit.. worried about Harry. He seems stressed, especially with the dementors."

     Atticus pondered her worries for a moment, warm brown eyes squinted in thought. He hummed and nodded. "Well, I won't lie to you and say that we shouldn't worry because we're in the safest place in the entire Wizarding world—quite an ill-timed claim, that would be, seeing as we've just narrowly been broken into by a mass-murderer.."

     A joking smile pulled at his lips, and paired with the way he nudged Cassie's shoulder brought an apprehensive simper to her face.

     "There's nothing to worry about," Atticus assured her. "My dad says Black's bound to get caught, especially now that they've spotted him. Can't be long now."

     "Yeah, I suppose you're right." Cassie frowned. "Would be nice to get to go to Hogsmeade with everyone else, I suppose."

   "Oh, bloody hell!" Atticus slammed his palm to his forehead, shaking his head in disappointment. He turned to face Cassie fully. She did the same, curious. "I completely forgot; the other day, Ced and I heard the Weasley twins talking about a.. map, of sorts. It shows you where everyone in the castle is at all times. It's bloody brilliant, and I wish I could thank the makers, but nobody knows who they are. You should ask the twins about it—bet it'd make sneaking into Hogsmeade a walk in the park."