𝐯.

˗ˏˋ I BELIEVE ࿐ྂ
—— – -
˚ ·
* ˚

* .* ◦  .*

THIS BAND IS BACK

* .*

"A BIKE SHACK." reggie sighs as they land on the beach, "right where my house used to be."

"yeah, i'm sorry man." luke says, patting his chest.

"they made the meyerson's house into a noodle shop." reggie continues, "we couldn't they have made mine into a pizzeria or something?"

"they tore down the whole neighborhood." alex notes.

"guess my folks are gone." reggie sighs.

"sorry reg." y/n sighs, patting his arm.

"no, everyone's gone." alex corrects. "25 years, gone. friends, family, bobby, everyone."

"bobby that's right." y/n and reggie say at the same time.

"jinx!" reggie shouts, y/n rolling her eyes once again.

"this isn't the third grade." she says, waving him off, "guess that vegetarian lucked out. what do you think happened to him?" she asks.

"he probably just got old like everybody else and moved on." luke answers.

"dude, how are you so casual about all this?" alex asks. "don't you want to figure out what happened?"

"let's be real for a second." luke cuts him off, "it's not like we were that close to our families. my folks always regretted buying me that guitar." he says, using his arms for emphasis, "reggie, you're parents were literally a fight away from a divorce. alex, i... you're parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay. and y/n, your parents up and left you!"

y/n winces, making luke immediately regrets his words.

he knows how sensitive she is about her family.

"ok, none of us had it great." alex says, putting his hand on y/n's back. "all right? but at least we had something. you know? what do we have now? and before you say cool teleportation skills, just know i'm not entirely ok with that either. all right? it tingles." he says, making his point, y/n giggling a little. "in weird places." he says, motioning downwards and y/n laughs again, making a small smile appear on luke's face.

"i'll tell you want we had." luke says, pushing off from the log he was sitting on, "it's what we've had since the day we came together." he jumps up onto the log, "guy, we have us. we're the only family we're ever going to need. you know what else we have?"