𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

˗ˏˋ I BELIEVE ࿐ྂ
—— – -
˚ ·
* ˚

* .* ◦  .*

FLYING SOLO

* .*

THE THREE BAND MATES, minus alex, sit around the piano as luke looks over julie's lyrics, reggie tapping a beat and y/n playing he piano to luke's singing. "guess that means i'm buying lunch that day, i know all your secrets you know all my deep dish, guess that means that some things..." reggie stops tapping abruptly and cuts luke off, making y/n stop.

"wait, so... when she says 'deep dish' is she talking about, like, pizza or?..."alex teleports to them, cutting off reggie and y/n closes the the piano. "oh! oh hey man. where you been?" he asks alex.

"um kind of everywhere." he answers vaguely as y/n leans on the side of the piano next to luke. "yeah, no, i met a new ghost friend."

"for real?" reggie asks with wide eyes.

"yeah, he answered a ton of questions."

"yeah? like whether julie's gonna join the band or not?" luke asks bitterly, snatching the song book.

"um... well we didn't... we didn't really get to that..." alex mumbles and y/n just shakes her head quickly, "yeah. ok. but, uh, i think i know why we're here." he stutters slightly, "ok? all ghosts have, like, unfinished business. so we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over." he explains.

"why would we do that?" y/n asks. "i'm just saying," she adds when everyone looks at her with different expression, "this is like our second chance."

"y/n's right." luke says, "all we need to do is get julie to play with us."

"yeah." reggie sighs, "not only can that girl sing, she can write too." he informs alex. "we made a killer melody to one of her lyrics." he points to luke and he hands alex the song book and shows his their work.

"oh... without your drummer cool." he says sadly."

"alex-" y/n starts, but is cut off by luke.

"drumming is so '90s. ok? we're just gonna... stomp our feet now."

"ok." alex replies bitterly, "well you know what else is so '90s? being rude. all right? get woke. these are sensitive times." he snaps. he hits luke's chest with the song book making him groan. he turns to reggie and whispers, "i learned that from my ghost friend."

reggie chuckles and repeats, "woke."

"yeah."

"that's-thats a cool word. what does it mean?"

"no clue." alex replies, shaking his head.