T H I R T Y - O N E

VALENTINES PREPARATION;

Elle's pov

There was going to be a Valentine's party being held in the Slytherin common room in a few days, in honor of Valentine's day coming up. We decided that the Slytherins would call this one, we haven't hosted a party in a while. The rules were simple, any student year five or over could attend.

I did feel bad for all the students fourth year and under, they never got invited to these things. But, it was a good idea for there to be an age cutoff. You didn't want to know what happens at common room parties.

Draco at first didn't want to go, but me being me, I convinced him to. The party started at 9 pm, on the 9th of February. Which this year, was a Friday night. It was Sunday today so, I just hung around the school. I was in Draco's dorm at the moment, reading. He said he had somewhere to be, and I didn't want to disturb him.

Students started decorating the school yesterday, but would probably still be decorating all week. I closed my book and got up off Draco's bed, deciding to help decorate. I put on some loose jeans, cuffing the ends. I pulled on one of my white button-up shirts. Then, I pulled over my Quidditch crewneck. It was an aged olive colour, so it wasn't too bright for my outfit choice.

I curled the front two pieces of my hair slightly, causing them to frame my face. I went to the lavatory and grabbed my make up bag. I put on soft pink blush, golden highlighter, mascara, and a little bit of my vanilla chapstick. I was about to walk out of the dorm when my eye caught my jewelry box sitting on our dresser.

I opened it and smiled. I pulled out the necklace Draco had given me. The night we became official. It still shimmered just as brightly as it had those months ago. I unclasped it and put it around my neck. I found the clasp at the back of my neck and clasped it back on.
The emerald tree hung down onto my chest.

I walked out of the dorm, through the common room, and out into the corridor. "Elle!" said an eager voice behind me. I turned around and saw Hermione. I smiled brightly, "Hermione, hey." She walked over to me, following closely behind was Ron. I smirked once I saw him, giving Hermione a look. She blushed as she glanced over her shoulder at him.

"Hello, Elle, " said Ron with a genuine smile, stuffing his hands into his pockets. I nodded, looking back and forth between them. "So... Are you guys helping decorate too?" I asked sweetly. They nodded, "Ron and I were just finishing up by the dungeons. We were going to head over to the great hall, they need a lot of help in there." Hermione answered, hinting that I should join them.

"Oh, can I tag along?" I asked, raising my eyebrows with a smile. I looked at Ron, he was looking down at Hermione, uncertain. "I don't know Elle, I thought Moine and I could have a little bit of alone-" Hermione elbowed him in the side, frustration etched across her face. She looked back at me and smiled, "Of course, Elle. The more the merrier."

I smiled knowingly and nodded. Hermione clapped, "Okay great, I'll grab the rest of the decorations and meet you there, " said Hermione as she looked over at Ron, then me. Hermione stepped away from us and started going through a pile of decorations. "Let us carry some things, " I offered, not wanting Hermione to carry everything. She smiled, "it's quite alright Elle, only a few things are left." I shook my head and walked over to what I assume was Hermione's and Ron's area of decorating. I grabbed the rolls of pink, red, and white streamers, handing them to Ron.

He slowly took them and nodded at me with an awkward smile, looking down at the rolls in his arms. I bent down, grabbing ribbons in the same colours. I smiled at Hermione and walked back over to Ron. "There, easy, now you don't have much left to carry, " I said, eyeing little that was left of decorations. She smiled, "thank you."