T H R E E

MONKEY GIRL;

Elle's pov

When I got to the room everyone else was already getting dressed for bed. I wasn't tired though, I needed to blow off some steam. I can't let Draco get to my head.

When I'm angry or upset, I like to calm down by drawing. I went to my bag and pulled out some parchment and a quill. I sat the tip of the quill on the edge of the paper and started drawing. I didn't know what I was drawing, I just let my mind wander.

Time passed and I was calm again. I looked down to see my mind was drawn. It was a beautiful woman wearing a flowy dress, walking on the beach. It looks so calm and peaceful on that beach, I thought. I set my parchment and quill back into my bag. I turned off the light, pulled over the covers, and went to sleep.

The next morning came quickly, it was the first day of school. I woke up 2 hours before class so that I could eat breakfast and get ready with time to spare. I went down to the common room, Pansy was sitting in front of the fire. I waved at her, she looked at me then back at the fire.

I walked into the great hall, there were only about a dozen kids eating. That's when I noticed Draco. He was sitting alone, eating some cereal. I turned my head to see Luna.

She saw me and waved, I waved back. I sat down at my table as far away from Draco as possible. I picked out a blueberry scone and some pumpkin juice. I looked to my side and saw Draco looking at me, he quickly looked away once he saw me looking back.

Why does he keep looking at me? I honestly didn't know the answer.

I glared at him, trying to send him the obvious message that I wanted him to stop. He blinked dumbly, then turned away. I finished my breakfast then headed to Potions.

Draco's pov

I was sitting down eating breakfast when Elle walked in. She waved to someone then sat down. I was looking at her and I think she noticed because she looked back at me.

I turned away fast, I didn't want her to think I was a lousy creep or something. She glared at me, upset about something. I looked away because I didn't want her glaring at me anymore. Her gaze made me uneasy.

When breakfast was done I got up and headed towards potions.

I realized that Elle and I were both heading towards potions. Oh no, are we seriously in the same class?... We were, when I walked in, she was sitting next to Longbottom and Weaselbee.

A smile on her face as she chatted aimlessly with the duo. I sat behind her, I knew she had noticed because she turned around, looked at me, rolled her eyes, and faced forward again.

If she was going to be disrespectful, I should return the favor.

Slughorn was the new potions professor. He gave us a 30 min speech about himself, it was dreadful. When Slughorn wasn't paying attention I cast a hex on Elle. When she started to talk, her voice came out like a monkey squeal. An annoying little squeal. She snapped around and glared at me. She tried to yell but all that came out was monkey noises.

Everyone in the class burst out laughing, along with me. Elle shook her head and gaped at me. "Miss Miles, please head to the hospital wing to fix this situation," said Slughorn. Elle huffed and ran out of the classroom.