O N E

THE ENCOUNTER;

Elle's pov

  It was my first day at Hogwarts, I was going into my 6th year. I was about to run into platform 9 3/4, when I heard my mother call my name.

I turned around to smile at her, when she ran forward and embraced me in a breathtaking hug. I could tell she was crying by the tear landing on my shoulder. She pulled back to look at me, "stay safe," she said with a worried smile. "Of course I will, don't worry about me I'll be fine," I told her as she let go of my shoulders. I kissed her goodbye before I concluded onto the platform.

My mother and I were very close, so it was hard leaving her behind. I lived with my mum and dad in Bexley, London at the moment, but we used to live in New York. My mum and dad grew up in London but moved to New York once they found out about me. They have always been protective of me. I never knew exactly why, but I just assumed it was because I was their only child. My parents were also both in Hufflepuff, so I will most likely be put in there as well.

As I made my way to the train, it was crowded with parents saying goodbye to their children. I was handing in my luggage as a platinum blonde boy caught my attention, he was staring at me with his sharp silver eyes. His gaze is cold and interested. He looked at me with unfamiliarity, which I couldn't blame him, I wasn't a familiar face. His stare remained on me, I couldn't tell if I was intimidated or entranced, or maybe—both.

He was walking in my direction before I could comprehend his presence. I realized he was speaking to me, his voice coming off like silk. "I've never seen you before, are you new?" He asked, towering over me. "Yes I am, I just moved," I answered with a bright smile.

"What's your name?" He asked with a curious look on his face. His eyes roamed over me, awaiting an answer. "What's yours?" I asked him back with a smirk. He looked intrigued by the fact that I hadn't answered him, dismissing his question. He chuckled, looking down at the train station's ground with a smirk, then back up at me.

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said, a cocky smirk still established across his face. "Well, Draco Malfoy, I'm Elle Miles, " I said cooly, putting out my hand. He looked at me, staring at my hand, then up into my eyes. "That's a muggle sounding name," he said with a grimace.

I looked at him disgusted. What is that supposed to mean? "Why does it matter?" I asked with a disappointed frown on my face. I should've guessed, he's one of those wizards. "Muggles are dishonorable," he said rolling his eyes. I scoffed, shaking my head is heartache. I turned away from him, I didn't want to associate myself with someone like him, definitely not. I quickly boarded myself into the train, annoyed with his opinion.

Draco's pov

  After my mother said goodbye to me with a half-smile, I turned around to head towards the train. I stopped in my tracks as I laid my eyes on the most beautiful and elegant girl I've ever seen. She stood in front of the train handing her luggage in. Her long blonde hair flowing in the wind. She had eyes blue like the ocean that sparkled as bright as diamonds.

I hadn't realized I was staring until she looked at me, a small smile spreading across her face. We kept eye contact for a little too long, but I didn't seem to mind. Then, like I was being pulled towards her, I started walking in her direction. I didn't recognize her, I don't remember a lot of people from school, but I would definitely remember someone like her. So, I assumed she was new. I told her I hadn't seen her around before, towering over her short frame exponentially. She smiled, and told me that she had just moved and was new to Hogwarts.

I asked her what her name was, curious as to what name had been given to such a beautiful girl. "What's yours?" She asked back. I was intrigued that she hadn't answered my question. Her attitude was new to me, I couldn't tell if I liked it or not. "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" I replied. "Well, Draco Malfoy, I'm Elle Miles," she said answering my question. I stared at her. I blurted out, "That's a muggle sounding name," as I scowled at her. She looked disgusted by my reply.

"Why does it matter?" she asked frowning.

"Muggles are dishonorable," I said with a cold tone, rolling my eyes at her. She scoffed at me, turning away and heading for the train. I felt the pit in my stomach sink as I realized I probably ruined any chance of getting to know her.