T W E N T Y - F O U R

CABINET;

Elle's pov

It's been two weeks since my discussion with Draco. He seemed pretty relaxed about it over-all. Though; sometimes, I saw glints of worry in his eyes. I brushed it off since I didn't think he had anything to worry about.

Draco kept on telling me to talk to Snape, and after two weeks of listening to his verbosity, I still haven't acted upon it. I know, I was being childish and irresponsible, but I just couldn't build the balls to talk to Snape.

"You know you don't have to tell him Elle, but if you had a child out there somewhere, wouldn't you want to know who they were?" Asked Draco as we headed to the Greenhouse for Herbology.

I sighed, "I'll do it when we have Defense, I promise."

Draco shook his head with an eye roll, "I'm not trying to pressure you or anything." Bullshit. "—But, I just think you should tell him that the baby he gave up 16 years ago is... well, – you." I nodded slowly, looking forward as we continued walking down the corridors. After a few minutes, Draco chuckled and nudged the side of me, "Don't go all silent on me now."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at him, his gray eyes softly looking down into my blue ones. I smiled as I bit my lip, "I'm not doing it on purpose, I just enjoy a moment of silence every now and then— y' know?"

He smiled, "Yeah, I know what you mean."

My eyes skimmed over the clock that hung in the corridor, crap, herbology started in one minute. "shit, we're going to be late."

Draco looked up at the clock lazily, "yep, I guess we are–" he said we a shrug. "We need to hurry up!" I said irritated as I yanked his hand and began fast-walking past the huge group of third-years leaving Transfiguration.

"Hey–slow down!" uttered Draco as he almost tripped over a rolling quill that one of the third years had dropped. Draco looked back at them and scowled, "watch where you drop your things, kid!" he said after them. The short, raven-hair boy who I am pretty sure had dropped the quill, face had gone pale as he saw who was speaking in his direction.

"s-sorry Malfoy—" I heard him faintly say as we grew closer to the Greenhouse.

Draco turned back around to stay with my surprisingly fast pace. He soon got ahead of me with his long legs and strides and was now pulling me instead. "C'mon Elle, we're going to be late!" He said mockingly with a chuckle.

We made our way threw the cold and snowy outside, reaching the Greenhouse, quickly running inside with a stop as we stood in front of the class. Prof. Sprout had casted a heating charm in the Greenhouse so we wouldn't freeze. Everyone looked at us with grins on their faces, trying to suppress a laugh. We looked around but didn't see Prof. Sprout, "Maybe she's not here yet?..." said Draco.

I tensed when I heard someone clear their throat behind us. Shit. I slowly turned around along with Draco, I looked up at him as he flashed me a half-smirk. My eyes fell on the short, plump woman standing before us with her arms crossed. "Prof. Sprout... I-"

"uh uh uh-" she said as she shook her finger back and forth. "I dismiss a lot of things Miss. Miles, but tardiness is not one of them." She flickered her eyes between me and Draco, "Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Miles since you both arrived together and both of you are late, I will, unfortunately, be taking away 20 points from Slytherin."

"Professor-" began Draco.

"– or, you both will be staying after class and will help me clean and set up for the next class your whole free period, " she offered.