T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Sorry for taking so long to update <3
Also, if someone could be so considerate. As they read, can they do a comment spree? It really lightens my mood, seeing the funny comments people leave. Thanks!

SEEKER;

Elle's pov

  "What is your darkest secret?"

I felt my heart begin to beat faster. My lips went dry, as well as my throat. This is what I was trying to avoid. And even though I said it's not a big deal for them to know, it really is. Thing is, the Veritaserum was in my system—so I couldn't dismiss Astoria's question. I was about to blurt it out; the secret I have been keeping for months, but—a hand flew over my mouth just as I uttered the five words.

I turned my head to see Draco, looking anxiously at me. His jaw clenched as he slowly removed his hand. Astoria sighed, her mouth turning into a frown. "Party pooper, " she grumbled, standing up. "I'm not playing anymore, this game is rubbish." Astoria shook her head, then walked off. "That was... eventful, " said Blaise, smiling awkwardly as he looked around. Everyone looked at him, furrowing their brows. "What?" Blaise shrugged. Everyone shook their heads, remaining quiet for a long period of time.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, breaking the silence as he stared at Draco and me. I gulped, looking around at all the curious faces. "Nothing, " I answered, laughing quietly to myself. "Didn't look like nothing, " muttered Harry, his tone flat. Draco glared at him, "shut the hell up Potter, " he scowled, his fist tightening. I turned towards Draco, resting my hand on his knee. His chest was rising faster than usual. "Draco, " I whispered, peering up at him.

Draco's gaze stayed straight.

I brought my hand up to his face, rubbing his left cheek with my thumb. I grabbed his face, pulling it to face me, his eyes lingered on Harry, but his they soon met mine. "Relax, " I whispered up at him, narrowing my chin down slightly. Draco's breathing started to slow down, and his eyes turned brighter. I nodded, "you alright?" He licked his lips, beginning to turn his head back. I moved his head back to face me, making him keep his attention on me. His eyes scanned mine, then, he slowly nodded in response. I rubbed his cheek, "good, " I whispered, giving him a quick kiss.

I looked back at Harry, giving him a questioning look. Hermione was too, looking confused and disappointed by his comment. Hermione stood up, grabbing Harry by the arm, hauling him up. "So sorry Elle, I'll talk to him, " she said sweetly, flashing me a smile before she turned to Harry. Ron stood up as well, and then the trio walked out of the common room.

Eventually, everyone who wasn't a Slytherin left. Goyle left soon after as well. Draco, Blaise, Pansy, and I moved to the sofas, sitting in silence. "But really, now that the school's embarrassments are out, what was that actually about?" Blaise asked me, slinging an arm over Pansy's shoulder. I leaned back, crossing my arms. "Nothing, " I whispered, shaking my head. Blaise rose an eyebrow, looking me up and down as if he didn't trust my judgment. "Are you sure-" Blaise was cut off as soon as Draco spoke. "She said it's nothing Blaise, just— drop it."

I looked down, feeling eyes burn into me. I knew I was probably overreacting, they're my friends, I should tell them. But something was holding me back from doing so. I slowly peered up, keeping my head hung low. I noticed Pansy was staring at me, her eyes flickering over my body, most likely examining my body language. I cleared my throat and sat up straight, resting my hands in my lap. I looked to my left to see Draco, he looking down as well.

I noticed myself examining his behavior lately too. I was still trying to figure out what possibly could be wrong. But he just... won't tell me. I leaned in, whispering something in his ear. Draco then nodded, standing up. "We're going to bed, night," he told Pansy and Blaise, grabbing my hand. They muttered their goodnights, watching as Draco and I walked up the staircase. "I can tell that you need to say something, " he said softly, rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb as he led me up.